Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

SES Light+High Idle Code=Problem Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009 | 02:26 PM
Launching!

Default SES Light+High Idle Code=Problem Help

hey guys. I was driving my car aout 5 days ago and my SES Light came on. I had a buddy of mine check it out with his scanner and said it was a code P0507(High Idle). I am new to the LSX world, and am just askinf for some help/advice on where to begin on checking things out? I was told at a local shop by me that is code was created by a Vacuum Leak. I would rather be able to fix this problem myself, rather going to take it to a shop and pay whatever they would charge. So again any help or advice would be great.? I have been trying to look up this problem off of older thread but, I dont seem to find what I need to know.

If there is anyone close/local that wouldn't mind coming by and help my fixing this,I can get some Beer and Pizza.
Old 07-14-2009 | 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

call me......ill see if i can find anything. you can fill my bottle if i do haha
Old 07-15-2009 | 12:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pro2low
call me......ill see if i can find anything. you can fill my bottle if i do haha
ok....

Anyone else that can help?

Last edited by STREET99; 07-15-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-15-2009 | 02:29 AM
On The Tree

happened to me a few times... heat sometimes makes these cars throw weird codes

i got... high idle, low throttle voltage, random misfire, and an IAC code all due to it being hot out. Old sensors maybe? Clear em, see if they come back, and if they don't ... then attribute it to the car being stupid.

Temperature does some WEIRD stuff to electronic sensors... happened all the time to my jet in the desert.

EDIT: if you wanna be safe, get some electronics cleaner and clean the two sensors on your throttle body.. might help, or make you feel better.
Old 07-15-2009 | 11:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xephona
happened to me a few times... heat sometimes makes these cars throw weird codes

i got... high idle, low throttle voltage, random misfire, and an IAC code all due to it being hot out. Old sensors maybe? Clear em, see if they come back, and if they don't ... then attribute it to the car being stupid.

Temperature does some WEIRD stuff to electronic sensors... happened all the time to my jet in the desert.

EDIT: if you wanna be safe, get some electronics cleaner and clean the two sensors on your throttle body.. might help, or make you feel better.
Do u mean the IAC Sensor and TB Sensor?
Old 07-15-2009 | 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Yup that'll be the two. I'm heading out right now to do that with mine... and my MAF and pretty much every other sensor I can reach
Old 07-15-2009 | 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

does the car pull or surge when driving down the road? meaning does it accelerate on its own with out you pressing the gas?

my vote with be the TPS (throttle position sensor) they are cheap $30 (autozone) potentiometers, that crap out on most cars.

typically if its the IAC, it only needs to be cleaned.
Old 07-15-2009 | 03:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ibanez7
does the car pull or surge when driving down the road? meaning does it accelerate on its own with out you pressing the gas?

my vote with be the TPS (throttle position sensor) they are cheap $30 (autozone) potentiometers, that crap out on most cars.

typically if its the IAC, it only needs to be cleaned.
No, I have never had any uncontrolled surging or pulling from the car. What do I need and have to do to clean the TPS and IAC??
Old 07-15-2009 | 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm having the same problem, po507, idles at 700rpm,no surging,runs great,can't find an intake leak any where. Have it cleared and it still comes back. New IAC. May go out and clean the tps. Please post up if you fix it. Have you had any exhaust done work lately? Good luck
Old 07-15-2009 | 11:59 PM
Launching!

Could a possible LT header gasket leak cause something like this??
Old 07-16-2009 | 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by STREET99
No, I have never had any uncontrolled surging or pulling from the car. What do I need and have to do to clean the TPS and IAC??
Need some torx sockets, a can of electronics cleaner (should be near the brake cleaner at an auto store), and start spraying the sensors (not the wire connections)... thats about it. Isn't very complicated,
Old 07-16-2009 | 07:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by STREET99
Could a possible LT header gasket leak cause something like this??
Not sure, check them and make sure they are tight. I had a hacked up exhaust system and had a nice new system put on and the check engine light went off. After a few miles it cameback on. I'm going to try to make it to a buddies house today and have him scan it.

Quick Reply: SES Light+High Idle Code=Problem Help