Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

98 camaro tech ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009 | 03:50 PM
Teching In

Default 98 camaro tech ?

I was driving my 98 camaro and was ideling at a light when all of a sudden my brake light abs light and traction control light in the dash turned on. Then i shut the car off when i got to where i was going shut it off came back and only the abs and tyraction control were on i let it sit a couple days went back turned it on left the house then all the lights turned on and the serviceengine light is now on wtf?
Old 11-21-2009 | 08:52 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ROMANBUILT
I was driving my 98 camaro and was ideling at a light when all of a sudden my brake light abs light and traction control light in the dash turned on. Then i shut the car off when i got to where i was going shut it off came back and only the abs and tyraction control were on i let it sit a couple days went back turned it on left the house then all the lights turned on and the serviceengine light is now on wtf?
Damn '98s! lol Plug in with a scan tool and read or see what kinda codes you have and go from there.
Old 11-21-2009 | 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

You should have a 4 channel rear in the back with the toothed wheel on each axle. Sounds like you have a bad sensor or your have grease or oil build up so it doesn't sense the wheels in the rear. Its either that or a wire that connects that to the pcm came loose somewhere from the back to the front.
Old 11-21-2009 | 11:41 AM
9 Second Club

Roman why didn't you just call me man? 708-473-2599