Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

MO emmisions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MO emmisions

I live in the city of St. Louis and am subject to smog testing. this hasnt affected me much until im now looking at a longtubes. Will an x pipe without cats fail me on the smog check in MO. thank you
Old 02-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by earmuffs
I live in the city of St. Louis and am subject to smog testing. this hasnt affected me much until im now looking at a longtubes. Will an x pipe without cats fail me on the smog check in MO. thank you
You would fail the visual part of the inspection anyways. It is the law in MO that all vehicles 1980+ has cats

Just find some backwoods place to get it done where they dont care what you have as long as they get their money
Old 02-18-2011, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

either ^ that or buy some used cats and gut them weld a straight pipe through them to make them look functional. also im not sure if your car has AIR or EGR but that would have to be in place for visual part too. but as far as emission only inspection... you can press your luck now since every inspector i know may not look under the vehicle/hood. just plug in machine and test it.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Teching In

maybe try and put some fuel additive that is supposed to make your vehicle pass emissions. I dont know if that stuff really works but it may be worth a shot. Like doublea87 was saying just find some used ones. You could just cut em and weld them onto the pipe u have already
Old 02-20-2011, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

fuel additive isnt nessecary since MO doesnt do sniff testing. now its all wether your check engine light is off and monitors are set, one 1 monitor may be not set, 2 failed monitors will fail emissions. we just plug the machine to the DLC port and the computer does the work
Old 02-21-2011, 06:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have AIR and EGR delete, I took mine to a Ford dealer and it passed as they didn't know what they were looking at.

Quick Reply: MO emmisions