Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Central Ohio Trans Am's and Camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Waverly? 15 minutes away, my car is in Beaver. 3rd gen Ls1 swap, just got it going a month ago.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeavyMetl
Waverly? 15 minutes away, my car is in Beaver. 3rd gen Ls1 swap, just got it going a month ago.
No kidding? We should get together sometime, I'm not far from you. I'm also in the process of doing an LSx swap into a 86.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 95cam86roc
No kidding? We should get together sometime, I'm not far from you. I'm also in the process of doing an LSx swap into a 86.
Hah, small world I guess. I actually live in Colorado, but I'm back in southern Ohio about once a month...I work in the airline biz, so I bounce around quite a bit. Here's my build thread on TGO.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/lt...i-3rd-gen.html

I probably won't have the car out again until the salt is gone, I'm lucky enough to have rust free car..I intend to keep it that way. Right now my 9" is apart for a rebuild, the center section was in need some some serious care.

Also, are you familiar with Bluecat (Phil Smith) tuning? I'm gonna need a tune sooner or later and I've heard nothing but good things about his shop near Ashland, KY.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HeavyMetl
Hah, small world I guess. I actually live in Colorado, but I'm back in southern Ohio about once a month...I work in the airline biz, so I bounce around quite a bit. Here's my build thread on TGO.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/lt...i-3rd-gen.html

I probably won't have the car out again until the salt is gone, I'm lucky enough to have rust free car..I intend to keep it that way. Right now my 9" is apart for a rebuild, the center section was in need some some serious care.

Also, are you familiar with Bluecat (Phil Smith) tuning? I'm gonna need a tune sooner or later and I've heard nothing but good things about his shop near Ashland, KY.
Yea you're right it is a small world since i went to Minford, so i know exactly where Beaver is lol. Both of my cars are also up for winter, well the Iroc is apart for the build. I have a long way to go on it. I'm actually really familiar with Phil he's a really good guy, he tuned my 99 right after I picked it up. I think he has a page on Facebook and then he frequents on KYhorsepower.com if you want to join. Just a little advice, he's a hard guy to get ahold of so don't get discouraged, best form of contact is email. Last I heard there was like a month wait to be tuned, may be different come spring though. Btw I'd like to check out that car of yours and possibly have you shine some light on this swap.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Launching!

When the weather breaks I'd be glad to show you my car. I'll probably even make a few passes at good ol' South Webster early this year too. Any questions you have, feel free to pm.

Btw, I didn't tie the engine wiring into the stock thirdgen harness, my uncle and I fabbed up our own fuse/relay panel for simplicity and ease of troublshooting should the need arise. Good luck with your swap, I know I am real happy and I'll never go Gen 1 sbc again.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Cleveland-racing vs columbus-racing this yr will be fun. Looking forward to it. And participating this time
Old 01-28-2012, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of off topic, but If anyone is more towards the Springfield, Dayton and Cincy area me and a buddy are getting a group gearing up for some meets, it'd be cool to meet up with you Ohio LSX guys and any other groups around a few times over the season..
Old 01-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by autogeek23
Cleveland-racing vs columbus-racing this yr will be fun. Looking forward to it. And participating this time
When/where is that?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

should be interesting
Old 02-05-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

if you are into drama and never racing, try columbusracing.com

if you actually enjoy racing your car, try columbusraceclub.com.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dre2013

Truth!

Best reply I've seen in a while.

I am head of Ohiolsx and i am planning stuff at the moment, threads/pms will b goin out soon
Old 02-12-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And the dyno day is set for may 12th
Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Captain Double Post

^ i should be able to make that one, honest i wish there were more people that were up by me
Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

im up in youngstown ohio. maybe about 2hrs 30mins or with the radar on 1hr 45. ill def come down for another dyno day or any meet going on. Not much up in my area but the kids with the riced out 4 bangers
Old 02-22-2012, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Both of you can **** off.

If you'd like to legally race your car at sanctioned track days, try www.columbusracing.com

If you'd like to risk the new Ohio laws on street racing, try CRC.

CR tried to help OhioLSX out when their section on here went down. Yeah, there's gratitude for ya.

It doesn't matter. The CRC group is nothing but CR members who started their own site to setup street racing since CR no longer allows it.

Originally Posted by dre2013

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
Truth!

Best reply I've seen in a while.

I am head of Ohiolsx and i am planning stuff at the moment, threads/pms will b goin out soon
Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ytownls1
im up in youngstown ohio. maybe about 2hrs 30mins or with the radar on 1hr 45. ill def come down for another dyno day or any meet going on. Not much up in my area but the kids with the riced out 4 bangers
where the hell do the LSx cars hang around up here, I NEVER see anything out running around.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gillbot
where the hell do the LSx cars hang around up here, I NEVER see anything out running around.
well couple guys i went to school with have f-bodys. but other then that its ricers. ahh all hang in canfield or boardman at t-bell. then at value city in poland on south ave
Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

I've never really seen anything good out. I have seen a few on South Ave at the cinema though, but it's usually late saturday and I dont have my car out.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

idk. i have a race set for a 1998-99 purple sunfire that is blacked out with more summit stickers on it them metal. one day kid was on my as* when i was in my beater. so i slowed down to 50on rt 11 to **** him off. kid pulled next to me talking bs. i just said i have 5 grand my car will smoke you, he said" this has a turbo ill smoke anything you got" me i laughed knowing he wont race me for $ but cant wait to rub it in that his turbo wont help him
Old 03-04-2012, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ytownls1
idk. i have a race set for a 1998-99 purple sunfire that is blacked out with more summit stickers on it them metal. one day kid was on my as* when i was in my beater. so i slowed down to 50on rt 11 to **** him off. kid pulled next to me talking bs. i just said i have 5 grand my car will smoke you, he said" this has a turbo ill smoke anything you got" me i laughed knowing he wont race me for $ but cant wait to rub it in that his turbo wont help him
I don't spend enough time up there to really tangle with anything. If I am up there, i'm in the family truckster (minivan) so I rarely get a 2nd glance.

Quick Reply: Central Ohio Trans Am's and Camaro's