Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Automotion!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man I'm for sure in! The first time I ever went to Automotion my ex girlfriend drove me all the way up and surprised me for my birthday. She was a good girl lol

I'm in Milwaukee, we should all plan a get together and drive-up for anyone in the area or on the way there. I'll talk to the guys in my club about coming up, we got around 10 guys that might be interested.. (Unikmuscle)
Old 04-05-2012, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome! im leaving from the waukesha area friday late afternoon
Old 04-05-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

I get my car tuned April 23rd at West Bend dyno!! Looks like I'll be there this year.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1gt2nv
I get my car tuned April 23rd at West Bend dyno!! Looks like I'll be there this year.
Dude please PM me and let me know the details on your tune from West Bend, I've been contemplating getting my car dyno tuned there instead of this mail order tune I've got. If/when you get it done, please let me know how it turned out and how much it cost!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

West Bend is great. I would say for sure the best in the area.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 93z383
Dude please PM me and let me know the details on your tune from West Bend, I've been contemplating getting my car dyno tuned there instead of this mail order tune I've got. If/when you get it done, please let me know how it turned out and how much it cost!
Will do. Check out there website. Everything is lsx!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Yeah mines a 93, the bastard LT1 w/ speed density lol... I've got a good tune from Solomon in it, but I know I'd pick up some hp/tq on a dyno tune and i'd get to see what i'm putting down as well.... They said they would be able to tune it, they had 1 guy with a lot of lt1/speed density experience supposedly, but idk.

Time to kick it into OD and get the rest of my car finished so I can roll up to Automotion in style hehe Gotta wet sand/buff the whole car, put the rest of my interior panels in, and install the speakers/wire/subs/amps.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Im heading down there for the weekend.

Bringing the typhoon, gotta test out the winter mods. Meeting up with a GN guy as well.

We going to do another meet in a lot on saturday sometime?
Old 04-08-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

Ill be there with my Camaro, along with quite a few other cars. We drive down from Green Bay every year, and as pwrtrip75 mentioned there is always some good street action at night. Ill be bringing down a set of slicks, vht, and a couple bottles of n20 for such an occasion.
The burnouts at the edge o dells bar are pretty fun for a little while, but the racing is where its at. We usually dont even make it to the actual car show.
Last year we met up by the big wooden tojan horse, its a huge lot with plenty of room. If everyone is good with that we should plan on meeting there at 3:00 on Sat. afternoon. By then we should have a good idea where the races will be going down.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

yea im up for meeting there again. 3 sounds good. does anyone know when the burnouts start? last year we left earlier than we wanted from them to go to our meet. yea make sure to let us know about the races, ive never gone to them up there but would for sure be up to it.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

I just bought an '02 SOM T/A so i may be heading down there with that or my hawk, not really sure yet. Where do they do the burnouts now? I havent been there for a few years now, back when they used to do the burnouts right on the main drag, but i know they don't allow that anymore. Also, never heard of any racing that goes on. I must miss out on everything
Old 04-09-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 93Hawk
I just bought an '02 SOM T/A so i may be heading down there with that or my hawk, not really sure yet. Where do they do the burnouts now? I havent been there for a few years now, back when they used to do the burnouts right on the main drag, but i know they don't allow that anymore. Also, never heard of any racing that goes on. I must miss out on everything
hope to see you there. the burnouts are at Edge o'Dells just out of town. hopefully some other people can inform us on the racing events.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thegodfather899
hope to see you there. the burnouts are at Edge o'Dells just out of town. hopefully some other people can inform us on the racing events.
The problem with telling everyone where the races are going to be is that the word seems to spread to too many people, and it ends up drawing unwanted attention from the police. Last year we were able to race for quite a while on Friday night, but by Sat. word spread, and there was atleast 100 + cars that showed up, yet only a handfull were there to race. Subsequently a cop broke everything up. Its easy to spot a train of cars over a mile long leaving town. So this year needs to be better organized.
We have a few spots lined up that we will prob hit up. Any of you guys that are interested in burning some tires up, or donating a burnout or 2 will be much appreciated. I am going to be bringing some vht down with me and we will need some rubber laid down on the road before it gets sprayed with the vht. There are a couple single digit awd cars that I plan on racing, and Im going to need a good launching pad.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Does that happen both nights or just one? I'll probably only be there saturday, and i would assume that saturday would be the day that goes down.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fastGBcamaro
The problem with telling everyone where the races are going to be is that the word seems to spread to too many people, and it ends up drawing unwanted attention from the police. Last year we were able to race for quite a while on Friday night, but by Sat. word spread, and there was atleast 100 + cars that showed up, yet only a handfull were there to race. Subsequently a cop broke everything up. Its easy to spot a train of cars over a mile long leaving town. So this year needs to be better organized.
We have a few spots lined up that we will prob hit up. Any of you guys that are interested in burning some tires up, or donating a burnout or 2 will be much appreciated. I am going to be bringing some vht down with me and we will need some rubber laid down on the road before it gets sprayed with the vht. There are a couple single digit awd cars that I plan on racing, and Im going to need a good launching pad.

Makes sense. Not a big deal that i dont know where the races are as i wouldnt be participating, just would like to watch.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:39 AM
TECH Regular

not sure if i would do any racing either but would be willing to donate a burny or 2 lol. the burnouts take place saturday night.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 AM
TECH Regular

not sure if i would do any racing either but would be willing to donate a burny or 2 lol. the burnouts take place saturday night.
Sounds good
Everyone that wants to check out the races, def. should. Its a great time, but we just need to organize things a little better. For example, maybe have several smaller groups of cars head to the spot, instead of several hundred all at once.
Find me at the meet and Ill fill you in on where we will prob. be going.
Ill be driving the Silver Z28 with the billet grill, cage, skinnies.

BTW, does anyone have a bar that they would recommend going to for a few drinks?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Sounds good
Everyone that wants to check out the races, def. should. Its a great time, but we just need to organize things a little better. For example, maybe have several smaller groups of cars head to the spot, instead of several hundred all at once.

BTW, does anyone have a bar that they would recommend going to for a few drinks?
Marley's is a good place to go. Its kind of out of town now. There's a new nightclub, i believe called Wett...never been there but its the old marley's location. Nig's is also a decent bar from what i remember
Old 04-11-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should be out cruising sat night, grab a burger and beer at Monkeys. No street racing, its fun but the crowd and lack of traction on the street makes it hassle.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds good

nice i think i remember your car from last year. the new marleys is pretty cool to go to. ill be in the lowered red z28 reppin the ls1tech sticker in the back window lol

Quick Reply: Automotion!