Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

NE OHIO, Thompson UNDER ATTACK...Fracking

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default NE OHIO, Thompson UNDER ATTACK...Fracking

If the mods take issue w/ this, send me a PM. Please all take some time & read this...

To be brief, Fracking basically blasts toxic chemicals into the earth in order to reach mineral resources. Problem this creates is that the under ground water well resources that come into contact w/ the Fracking chemicals pollute thousands of family wells. A family home miles from the Fracking location on land can be connected to the fracking location through an under ground spring or lake. Chemicals like ethelyne cannot be removed from the water w/ home treatment units. This & other toxic chemicals permanently destroy the properties water supply & render the property worthless.

Cities like Chardon (Hutter Performance) Thompson (Thompson drag speedway) Madison, Montville & several others can be effected by the planned Sidley, Fracking.

How is poisoning family water resources legal? HBO ran a documentary showing the generational properties already destroyed by Fracking in the US & Canada.

PLEASE HELP by contacting OHIO Rep Steve Lautourette & all NE, Ohio news resources. NE, Ohio needs your help.

I NEED YOUR HELP. Our family water supply is in danger. HELP!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks to those of you that sent me PM's confirming your involvement in helping to stop this mess. Believe it or not, the EPA sent me back an email stating that they are not the governing body for mineral/oil Fracking. Although, I understand that there is another dept, it is this kind of ignorance that allows the problem to occurr before it can be avoided.

EPA, environmental protection agency. Dear, EPA a corporation wants to poison our local well water; can you help? EPA: not our department, sorry...WTF?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can blame our bought lawmakers for that. By law the Safe Drinking Water Act specifically excludes hydraulic fracturing being regulated unless diesel fuel is being injected.

Todd
Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2002ss335
You can blame our bought lawmakers for that. By law the Safe Drinking Water Act specifically excludes hydraulic fracturing being regulated unless diesel fuel is being injected.

Todd

Yah, there's a lot of that going around; "bought lawmakers." Congress needs to stop applying laws that are written to benefit people, to corporations. Although, corp are operated by people, corp are not people.

Anyway, am getting more replies daily. The ODNR, responsable for oil/mineral regulation says that the "public" is simply miss-informed regarding Fracking. I replied by asking how documented under water well contamination is miss-information. Also, asked why non-toxic chemicals can't be used. It is the force created by pressure that does the drilling. So, why must the fluid used be toxic? They also said that there are no documented well water contaminations in Ohio, as a result of Fracking & that Ohio is regulated very well. That's good news, but, doesn't eliminate the possibility. We must stay on top of this.

Contaminated well water would destroy a beautiful area w/ thousands of generational properties. Town hall meeting on 4/19 in Thompson. Everyone within a 50 mile radius of Thompson square who depends on underground well water should attend.

Quick Reply: NE OHIO, Thompson UNDER ATTACK...Fracking