Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

need a dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need a dyno tune

i was wondering who could dyno tune my car? i used to have jeremy formato tune it when i lived in florida but i am no longer living in florida.

i had a the same car formato tuned at speed inc before but they didnt do a very good job b/c formato was able to get 10HP more and 35ft lbs more for me after they tuned my car. i dont really understand why that was but it upset me a little b/c i spent $500 on that.

let me know who you guys use for a good dyno tuner in chicago area on northern indiana or michigan.

thanks a lot

steve
Old 06-04-2012, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

going to be tuning a 99 camaro with cam/stall/bolt-ons/gears...
Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Speed inc generally does a good job tuning. They have a good reputation. How did the car drive after they tuned it? I've heard a lot of stories where the same car put out different numbers on different dynos.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Speed Inc did my car and I am happy. Call Tony over at Speed and explain your situation to him, I promise you he will make it right!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

ya that is what i figured. but it was so long ago and on a car i no longer have anymore but i will explain it to him. i just want to be sure everything on my car is tuned correctly and to the best of its ability. i just didnt understand how i received all of that power after i got it tuned by them before i moved to florida then when formato tuned it i gained a lot more. it was like a brand new car again....

i will give speed inc a call within the next few days and ask for tony.

steve
Old 06-06-2012, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine and my buddies car have been dyno tuned more than once by Speed INC and both of us couldnt be happier with the results. And it isn't always about peak HP numbers, the drivability is what matters most in a street car. My car picked up power everywhere, and drives a lot better than it did before the tune.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

every dyno is different & every tuner is different.......

there are tuners out there that inflate your peak # by adjusting the dyno to do just that.....if thats what you like,then i guess thats fine?

thats why we have dyno queen cars & race cars,
a dyno queen car is used for dyno racing and @ 600rwhp will not usually run the ET of a race car @ 450rwhp......

thats why guys always tell you to take it to the track & see what # it will run & then you will have a true indicator of the power you are making.......

i hope i made some sence??????

so it is common to see different # from different tuners & or dynos.

explain to the tuner what you are looking for,drivability or peak #s.

speed inc. is about the best ......

i have had ed from the horsepower factory......mike from straightline & cartek dyno tune cars i have had with equall success.......

good luck & let us know how it goes!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10HP and 35TQ is nothing. You can't tell just from a sheet. It would have to reproduced on the same dyno on the same day with the same weather conditions with the same fuel.. well basically the same everything. That is just not going to happen. Speed Inc. can tune with the best of them. You should have no issue going there and feeling happy.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:54 PM
BashamWS6 Troll Account

i wish speed inc wasnt a 6 hour drive or i would get them to dyno tune my car for me

Quick Reply: need a dyno tune