Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone run RT 66 et brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone run RT 66 et brackets?

Anyone race at RT 66 in the bracket classes? Im looking to jump from NLR to somewhere else that has a points series that gives a **** about the racers/fans!!!. I started reading up on the classes and would probably jump in the pro et class. Post up if you run in the brackets there and how do you like the series? plenty of competitors per class? rules... etc... I don't have a cage in my t-top car and not sure if its strictly enforced by NHRA rules.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You will need a cage and every other little ******* thing that they will come up with. Rt66 has the strictest tech of any track that I have been to, thats why I don't race there. Everything on the car that needs a certification will need to be recertified every 2-3 years ( lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ) Good Luck, tired of 41s BS? I ran my car there about 2 months ago with Chris's motor and trans and it went 10.10 / 132mph.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya sick of the horse **** run around. I go there to compete as well as watch in between rounds but, there isn't much watching anymore and still owed 8 trophies lol. My car will be going on a diet this winter, Still a lil over 3400 lbs lol and possibly add the weight back with a cage.. BAH!!!. 10.10 @ 132... HELL YA!!! give me a heads up next time you guys hit Byron or anywhere else on a weekend. Gonna start exploring my options and Id like to run on a different track that has consistent, maybe even correct time slips! I Was cutting 1.2x and 1.3x 60' this past weekend supposedly...... no way in hell!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

1.20 60 fts, were you staging with the rear tires You will not have any problems with tech at Byron. I won't be running my car any time soon, leaving for vacation on Saturday. Chris's junk has been at Straightline for about 4 months now, they are doing the turbos and ran into the typical hold your car hostage situation. It will not be finished until next spring.

Quick Reply: Anyone run RT 66 et brackets?