Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Note to club members *PLEASE READ*

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Note to club members *PLEASE READ*

Note this shop is in the ST LOUIS area

This is just to inform on a situation a friend of mine is going thru. My buddy had PEAK PERFORMANCE in Fenton do work on his LS1 block. Had it sleeved to be exact. Rob at Peak said it would be no problem has has sleeved many blocks. Upon recieving the short vblock back almost 4 months late. We installed it ran it to temp and it dropped a sleeve. we then rmoved it returned it to Peak Where Rob repaired the dropped sleeve buy milling the block. We then installed again and guess what dropped sleeves again. He repressed the sleeves and milled block again and had to O-ring the block and order specail head gaskets. At this time he said if there was any more problems he would just return the $$ for the labor and parts. Guess what the block not only dropped sleeves this time but cracked inbetween cylinders. Now Rob at Peak performance said we are screwed he wants to try to remove the sleeves and install in another block. This has been crazy. So I am just posting this so if anyone is planning on having any work done you may want to steer clear of PEAK PERFORMANCE in Fenton Just my .02 cents trying to look out for fellow car folks.

I am giving the number for PEAK PERFORMANCE so you can call and ask for ROB and his side of the story if you would like or just ask why he will not refund the money he said he would 1-636-349-5857