Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

GLD friday

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default GLD friday

I will be comming down. Previous best was 13.9 at WIR before recent headers and in hot weather so I am hoping to signifigantly better that time.
Caprice is red with blue fenders and silver hood(damn deer ) I should be easy to spot come on over and say hi.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn I'm looking to get a run in before the season's over, I work in Union Grove so it's real convneient for me to get a run in during the week. Haven't raced there yet just driven by.

Good luck man
Old 10-28-2005, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Hey 96
You givin up on WIR?
Maybe next year we can get a convoy down to GLD a bunch of times!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Far as I know WIR shut down for the year a few weeks ago after the last RSD mess. A friend was there and he said the staging lanes were not just backed up to the return road but snaking around through the pits. GLD run you out a LOT faster as soon as the cars ahead of you leave you pull up to do your burnout and then basically go just as soon as they get off the track where at WIR you don't even do your burnout till they turn. It may sound stupid but this GREATLY speeds up the staging lane lines.
I will be giving WIR a shot again come spring but WILL NOT pay $25 to sit in line I would rather pay more and actually get to run.
Last night the whale went 13.2 at 101 so I would say the trip was worthwhile, seems to have a slight fueling issue too but my 1/8mile numbvers are similar to other b-bodies running this et/mph so it can't be too bad.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hllywd
Hey 96
You givin up on WIR?
Maybe next year we can get a convoy down to GLD a bunch of times!!!
Let me know when you plan on heading down as I live about 10 mins from the track.

Quick Reply: GLD friday