Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Freight shipping?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006 | 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Default Freight shipping?

What are some frieght companies you guys use? To ship a motor would I just strap it to a pallet and they pick it up? Thanks, Rob
Old 05-09-2006 | 07:54 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

we always seem to use custom at work. but i'm not in the shipping department right now so i'm not sure how good they are.
Old 05-09-2006 | 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used fedex freight to ship my tranny back and forth to the builder. Fedex charges extra if it is not picked up from a place of business. I think it's because they have to send out a lift truck to get it. Otherwise they send out a semi and count on you having a forklift or a loading dock.

I just put down a fake business and they backed a semi and trailer up to my front door. I have a tractor with a loader at my disposal to load the pallet on the trailer. It was just a pain in the *** trying to coordinate my schedule with the truck driver's though. He could never give an accurate time. Spent a lot of time sitting around and waiting.

I found it easier just to drop it off and pick it up from the hub. It was a 45 min drive...but it was a whole lot easier. Just head down whenever it was convenient for me (open 24 hours) and they would set the pallet right in the back of my truck.
Old 05-09-2006 | 08:43 PM
TECH Addict
20 Year Member

I've used Yellow before and have been very happy. They accept COD's which is really nice. I like the idea of not having to pay for the shipping or when I'm picking something up not having to worry about having the seller pay for it.

I always drop my stuff off but you'll have to check if they'll pick up. I liked that I could get shipping quotes off their website.

Quick Reply: Freight shipping?