Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Dyno in the Detroit area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 03:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unit if you have to solicate people to defend livernios I think that is wrong they should support them on there own accord. You think GMR has to pm me to talk them up . NO. I do it because they did a dam good job. And I know Dan millen knows his **** when it comes to fords. But I have not heard a car or seen a gm car tuned by him.

Livernois is a sponsor but how offten do you see them do a GP or even post up. They are nonexstint on the board. The only time I see them post is when someone say's something bad and you have to come and save the day. I know Dan Millen is busy and if I where him I would not post on hee either. But that doesn't excuse who ever signed them up. I have never had a problem with the shop itself. I get my Nitrous bottles filled there.
I think it was Greg that tuned my car. BUt he was still an employee of Livernois.
Oh and Kenny bell cobra's are a dime a dozen too. You have a faster car then me but what do I care. There is always someone faster then you. And take a pill.

Last edited by nitrousboyWS6; 07-06-2006 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dan Millen
Well I don't know who you were and I can tell you that two years ago Greg did the tuning on it, and he is no longer here. I know Greg knew what he was doing espically on a heads, cam car, its not that bad unless its a huge cam then its hit or miss on how well its gonna drive. I really want to know what you mean it ran like ****? At that time I didn't tune customers LS1's just my own stuff for developmet. I do most all the GM stuff there now, I am working on training another guy. I will offer you a free retune to make it right. Can I ask why you didn't come back and have us fix it? Doesn't make sense that you would pay money and not ask for us to fix it or a refund? People do need to understand that a cam car can be quite difficult. Unless its easier to come on the board two years later and bash us?

I don't remember your car but like I said why not ask for a retune or a credit, I am still extending this to you today?

Dan the cam is small I think, 222/226 566 569 112lsa 6 liter ported heads Fast 90/90. It ran really fat. Fouled plugs alot. I was naive and did not know until I took it to GMR. Like I said you can call Leo and talk to him. IT got to the point where it would not idle right after you started it when it was cold. I barely drove it over the last 2 years because I been building all these dam mustangs. The car itself is an 01 and only has 9400 miles on it. I don't think I will drive it that much this year either. I called and talked to you about retuneing my car around January I think. You said it would be 100-200 to cheak it out. So I decided to just swap the cam and get it retuned by GMR. Since the tune was 2 yeras ago i thought there is no way for me to get my money back so why bother. If you want to refund my money that is would be great.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the information guys. I've got a lot to learn yet. This forum is great, but getting in touch with a couple local shops should help a ton too.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by nitrousboyWS6
Dan the cam is small I think, 222/226 566 569 112lsa 6 liter ported heads Fast 90/90. It ran really fat. Fouled plugs alot. I was naive and did not know until I took it to GMR. Like I said you can call Leo and talk to him. IT got to the point where it would not idle right after you started it when it was cold. I barely drove it over the last 2 years because I been building all these dam mustangs. The car itself is an 01 and only has 9400 miles on it. I don't think I will drive it that much this year either. I called and talked to you about retuneing my car around January I think. You said it would be 100-200 to cheak it out. So I decided to just swap the cam and get it retuned by GMR. Since the tune was 2 yeras ago i thought there is no way for me to get my money back so why bother. If you want to refund my money that is would be great.
I hate to call you out but some people don't even tune a cam that small, its hard to believe that we messed up a tune like that. Yes typically if you change a cam we charge to retune.

This story just seems funny to me,

You changed the cam and had it retuned?

Like I said sorry to call you out but....

Thanks

Dan Millen
Old 07-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Launching!

Call Leo at GMR and ask him about it. Greg installed the cam.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by nitrousboyWS6
Call Leo at GMR and ask him about it. Greg installed the cam.
I'd Rather not call another shop and get into a pissing match...
Also how could anyone compare your tune it wasn't the same cam we tuned it with and I would expect that a bigger cam would need tuning

If your referring to Greg Banish he never installed a Cam when he was here??

Like I said there are plenty of people that don't tune cams that small, unless I seen it theres nothing that cam would of done to make that thing foul plugs...

Dan Millen

Quick Reply: Dyno in the Detroit area?