Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Husker fans check in

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Husker fans check in

I just can't wait for the season to start. I've been away from Nebraska for 5 years now and miss going to the games at Memorial Stadium. How ya'll think were gonna do this year? Beating Michigan was huge to end the season last year. I hope there are big things in store this year.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Teching In

yea i cant wait either im gonna try to make it to a game or two this year ive heard theyre predicting us to be big 12 north champs so i dont know i think it could go either way this year
Old 07-24-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow the bug just recently bit me too! When I got my season tickets in the mail I started getting the itch to be back in the stadium. Also going to be making the trip to the Kansas State game down in Manhattan so im pretty excited.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by C.J.
wow the bug just recently bit me too! When I got my season tickets in the mail I started getting the itch to be back in the stadium. Also going to be making the trip to the Kansas State game down in Manhattan so im pretty excited.
BE CAREFUL. KSU fans suck big time. Years of Big Red oppression built up over the years. Pay for parking in a high visible area with other Nebraska cars. Stay with your buddies. The same goes for CU games. When I went to the Mizzou game it wasn't too bad. I'm gonna get to the A&M game since I live down here now. I love the Big 12 but GAWD it sucks that Texas won the National Title. That's all I hear about. How great Texas is and forever will be. And how disgraceful and weak the North is. They tend not to remember history too well down here. Like NU winning the Big 12 twice in three trys and KSU pounding OU and even CU beating on Chrissy Sims.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah I can't wait either. I will make it to another game this year. I have to make the trip from Michigan at least once a year. I guess I'm a true fan. And yes to watch them beat Michigan last year was the perfect end to their season for me. I was able to rub it in a lot of faces due to me going for Nebraska. It was also pay back from the 86 game in the Fiesta Bowl.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

we just shipped a bunch of stuff down to the university so they can tape it i'm guessing
Old 07-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Hey guys I'm new here and thought I chime in...

I'm getting pretty amped for the season. I actually went to Boulder this last year to watch the game and it truly looked like we are starting to get things together. Especially after how we didn't buckle under the pressure of the Michigan game. Time will tell though.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Launching!

I agree. I think we've turned the corner. The North is ripe. Anything less than the Big 12 Title game is failure to me. I bet that game in Boulder was fun. Glad to see you made it out alive. Buffs fans suck.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Teching In

It was a blast!! If we wouldn't have ran them out of their own house I'm not sure how fun it would have been, but I'm glad I didn't have to find that out.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JDub3
It was a blast!! If we wouldn't have ran them out of their own house I'm not sure how fun it would have been, but I'm glad I didn't have to find that out.
Cool. I went to the NU-Mizzou game a about three years back in Columbia when they beat us for the first time since 1978. It was really tough trying to get out alive. I knew we were jinxed when the Mizzou fan who sat next to me was actually there for that game in 78. Alot of us Husker fans just banded together to get out of the stadium.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Anyone there in Lincoln know what's up with Harrison Beck? Is he transferring?
Old 08-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Teching In

His mom has been quoted saying that he shouldn't be sitting behind Zach Taylor...If it was Matt Leinhert or someone like that she would understand... That is the most I've heard. He hasn't shown up today yet either. Who knows?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Hmmm...I guess we have alittle drama boy. Also read Bowman tore an ACL. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Launching!

Well Beck is gone. Personally I think Bowman's torn Acl will impact us more. My brother in law who goes to NU said Beck cried in practice last year and could never quite recover with the other players. Maturity problems. Well good riddens then.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Yeah, Bowman is definately the bigger loss in my opinion. Time will tell though.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Here it is. What it means to be a Husker fan. The ups and downs. Max the screen and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlETo...0fiesta%20bowl
Old 08-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Just one more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8oxg9xheXs