Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Looking for members in NW IN

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ski23
well I couldnt resist fellas. I took the ol SS out for a crusie today. damn theres potholes everywhere and I was a dodging **** with the skinnies on LOL. talk about spring fever now
I knew that was you I saw driving through town today. The cars looking great, cant wait till all the water goes away though. I dont think the cold weather is completely gone yet but hopefully it doesnt last to much longer.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ski23
well I couldnt resist fellas. I took the ol SS out for a crusie today. damn theres potholes everywhere and I was a dodging **** with the skinnies on LOL. talk about spring fever now
where were you hiding on was on the prowl.............................
Old 03-03-2008, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

I took a cruise thru town then ran to Radio Shack to try and find a different switch for the line lock, No luck tho. Gonna be insteresting with all the damn potholes. RT41 use to be a nice dragstrip, now its a damn road course
Old 03-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Launching!

SKI

One you find a good switch alternative let me know I have the same problem. I think I might just go with a hurst T-handle with the button.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIES
SKI

One you find a good switch alternative let me know I have the same problem. I think I might just go with a hurst T-handle with the button.
Will do. I put a lighted rocker switch and a push button momentary in the ashtray. I dont like the push button because I cant grab a gear if I need to while im holding the damn button. I checked radio shack and they dont have any small toggles that would fill the hole where my push button is. It might be ok the way it is now, only a track visit will tell. Im new to line locks so its gonna be interesting
Old 03-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Well heres what I think Im gonna do. In the thread I posted a guy posted a pic of his Hurst pistol Grip shifter. He drilled a whole into the top of the shifter and put a momentary button on the top. I think thats the way that Im gonna go cause I always palm the shifter so if I got something with the button on top I would always be on the button.

Heres the link

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/875535-where-put-line-lock-button.html
Old 03-03-2008, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

ya that looks like a nice setup there. For some odd reason I really like my stock Hurst handle. did you get yours hooked up so its legal? im not sure how tech is gonna be at 41 this year so I wired mine the "right" way.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Launching!

HAHA.... "tech" at 41?? I dont think that well have a problem with that this year. To answer your question I dont think its going to be legal If Im going to go with this setup. Well see what I do end up doing though.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Anybody gone for any cruises yet?? How bout 41? Im waiting for my car to be 100% before I start to getting back to the strip. Shouldnt be to long and the weather should be nice everyday.

Quick Reply: Looking for members in NW IN