Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

wisconsin emisions

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default wisconsin emisions

Alright I know most people that mod there cars register their cars up north but i can't do that. So my question is how strict are they really on the inspection dont' all they do it hook up the obd ll and the gas cap test? If i'm running headers with out cats but o2 simulators and no codes i should pass right?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LILWS6
Alright I know most people that mod there cars register their cars up north but i can't do that. So my question is how strict are they really on the inspection dont' all they do it hook up the obd ll and the gas cap test? If i'm running headers with out cats but o2 simulators and no codes i should pass right?
If you want to know how to register the car up north without having to change your address shoot me a PM.

The emission station here in Kenosha is very strict. They make you open hoods so they can check around, then they want proof all your modifications are legal(my brother failed because of a CAI eventhough he had a CARB # proving it was perfectly legal), they also run mirrors under the cars now looking for cats and such.

Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you the station that does the least checks and will get you passed as long as your car is tuned no problem. I passed with LT, ORY, loudmouth.