Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

St. Louis locals

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy St. Louis locals

Need to spend three weeks in St. Louis, and wondering if I should bring my car.

Have to stay in cheap hotel either 1351 Dunn Rd. or 8911 Dunn... right off I-270 exit 33 or 32.

How's the neighborhood? Worried about outdoor parking as it is, especially if it's not so great area.

TIA...
Jim
Old 02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Teching In

im not sure about the exact area your talking about but you shouldnt have any problems, if your out off 270 you should be fine, most of it is the nicer part of the st. louis area. That whole highest crime rate in the country thing is a little over exaggerated. Now if you get stuck down town by like natural bridge and broadway, or something like that, good luck! lol. For real though you could be fine, im not saying leave the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked but there aint its not a bunch of gangsta's out looking for fbodys, now if you drove a mid eighties monte on dubs... that would be a different story.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

thanks... nice car, stripes look good !
Old 03-01-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

well dunn isn't that far from natty bridge and the rough stuff... I am in the south western part of county which is the opposite end of where you will be. Its not the nicest part, I will say that. I don't like going up there (only had to go there a couple times because work around the middle of summer) and don't like going there at all. Your car should be fine, I would imagine... the worst part of st. louis is where the county meets the city limits in the northern part... you should be okay because there are some decent neighborhoods around there. Just don't wonder off to far