Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Prestige Auto in Appleton WI?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Prestige Auto in Appleton WI?

Has anyone ever heard of this dealership? I'm looking at 2 formulas they have for sale but they are about 3 1/2 hours from me and I don't want to make multiple trips that far! Just wondering if anyone as dealt with them in any way and if they are a good dealership. They seem to deal with a lot of F-bodies (LT1's and LS1's)

http://www.prestigeauto.com/
Thanks
Old 03-29-2007, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

I personally would NEVER buy anything from prestige auto. I live about an hour away, and have stopped in and looked multiple times at cars after reading about them in either autotrader or online. Cars they've described as excellent condition i've seen have multiple door dings, paint missing, etc. Some of the cars have been damn nice, but then IMO they're highly overpriced. I might actually be headed up that way this weekend, which cars are you looking at, i assume the '00 and '01 formula's since you specified formulas. I might have a chance to stop in and check them out for you to see they're condition if i get time.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Regular

The 2000 Black formula is gone, but I'm still intersted in the 01 Pewter Formula.
-yeah if you get a chance to check it out, that would be great! Just let me know what you see.
thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Its a chop shop. I live about 10 min away and i would never go there. From what ive heard and seen their kids take the cars out and beat on them. A couple years ago i was at the track with my brother and he pointed out to me the "Prestige boys" and their cars. He told me they get to take the cars out and race them then bring them back. Ive also heard that they replace performance parts on the cars but i dont know if thats true. But from what ive seen, the cars that come from Prestige are not the greatest. And some are really overpriced.

Last year when i got my formula i took it to the track on the hottest worst day possible, there was a guy there that just bought the same year Camaro from Prestige, both completely stock cars, both automatics, both 2001's, he had a few more miles than me though. I was running 13.8s at about 100mph, and he was running 14.2's and up.

If i go out later tonight and im in that area i can try and check it out for ya.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, if either of you guys could look at the 01 Pewter formula, that would be appreciated. Although, it sounds like maybe I shouldn't be buying from them
Old 03-31-2007, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Well i just got back from appleton, and i did have a little spare time so i stopped and checket out the pewter formula. For a 6 year old car with 95k miles on it, i guess it wasnt in the worst shape possible. These are things i noticed though....

-lots of spiderwebbing on the front of the car

-back of car on bumper right by license plate had a lot of scratches

-small 1/2" long scratch on passenger door, looked pretty deep to me

-driver seat had a small rip on the leather

Those are the only things that really stood out to me, but i didnt take too much time to check it over very good. If you have any other questions about it let me know, i'll try my best to help you out. Good luck in your search!

On a side note, i didnt see the 2000 firehawk there that they have listed on their website, i was interested in seeing that, and was disappointed
Old 03-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 93Hawk
Some of the cars have been damn nice, but then IMO they're highly overpriced.

a little overpriced?!? I remeber a while back looking at the white 96 trans am ws6. i think it had 105,000 miles Right when he listed it, he had it at $9300. I went there and looked at it. Looked to be in pretty nice shape. I decide not to get it a few days later, two to be exact then i go to the site and see that he jacked up the price to $10,500!!!! Im never going there again. And when i went, i was trying to talk him down a little bit and he wouldnt budge! "its very rare that we get a ws6 here." he said.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

Did it look like anything was repainted? Were the body panels all lined up? Was that scratch only a 1/2 inch long or is it that big across the whole door? So the front looks like crap?
-Thanks a lot for checking the car out!

Originally Posted by 93Hawk
Well i just got back from appleton, and i did have a little spare time so i stopped and checket out the pewter formula. For a 6 year old car with 95k miles on it, i guess it wasnt in the worst shape possible. These are things i noticed though....

-lots of spiderwebbing on the front of the car

-back of car on bumper right by license plate had a lot of scratches

-small 1/2" long scratch on passenger door, looked pretty deep to me

-driver seat had a small rip on the leather

:
Old 04-02-2007, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

I didnt notice if anything was repainted, nothing really stood out at me. And since i didnt have much time i didnt even really think of checking to see if all the body panels lined up I was moreso just checking out the condition of the paint. As for the scratch, yes it was only a half inch long, probably about 1/8" wide...pretty small, but very noticeable as it was pretty deep. And yes, the front looked like crap. Would probably need a repaint on the nose part.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Ok. Thanks again for checking out the car, it really helps me out.

Quick Reply: Prestige Auto in Appleton WI?