Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Sunday SCC at US41??????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The track wasn't as bad as bOOsted makes it sound.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was busy getting my hair permed and colored. Maybe next time.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
The track wasn't as bad as bOOsted makes it sound.
Yeah what am I even talking about...I mean blowing the tires off right at the starting line and losing a grand on the race....pfft the track was GREAT. Thanks no burnout junkbox crew.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by b00sted
Yeah what am I even talking about...I mean blowing the tires off right at the starting line and losing a grand on the race....pfft the track was GREAT. Thanks no burnout junkbox crew.
hahahaha thats true, but the night was Street Car Chaos.... not 8 second dragster chaos... so you can't really blame people for runnin their junkbox for fun.

I was on my street tires, but I made sure to do a lil burnout to dry 'em off and get the **** off before rolling up on the lane.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Running street tires on the track kinda sucks if you spin alot....It kills the VHT. But that can be dealt with.

The cars that would drive straight through the waterbox and pull up the line killed it. They run one after another, so by the time they're all done the line is wrecked.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Running street tires on the track kinda sucks if you spin alot....It kills the VHT. But that can be dealt with.

The cars that would drive straight through the waterbox and pull up the line killed it. They run one after another, so by the time they're all done the line is wrecked.
True, fortunately my street tires hooked up every time except one (only 1.5K launches), on one of my runs I broke the backend loose goin into second and had a lil fishtail action goin on.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Street tires pull up the rubber

and we let all the "experts" prep the track since everyone thinks they can do it better

One guy used 10 gallons of vht on the first 60ft for ONE lane

Your car is flyin though....it's gotta suck making a pass after a leaky astro van
Old 09-19-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

We didn't even use 10 gallons when we sprayed the 1/8th. lol What did you think about that prepping? Might have looked crazy, but all the cars that ran once that dried were dead hooking. Even preacher boy made a full rip and had no issues.(Besides the hood )

That wasn't my car...It's a friends...and yeah the thing gets a little hairy when it hits that speed bump in the left lane. I'll have my car there this sunday if they're doing the no time nationals again.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Teching In

You guys will get a chance to get your money back Friday if your there with the Notch
Old 09-19-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

We broke even...

Guy's car is done for a while...Probably the rest of the year...Who knows.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I raced that tahoe. Everyone thought that SUV was so fast, unless he wasn't giving it his all when he raced me because I beat him by about a car. Got him out of the whole and stuck about a car behind me the whole time. Before I raced, The guy came up to me and asked to race for money, I should have took advantage of his offer before I raced him for ***** an giggles. Pretty pissed I lost to the GTO though, good race if your on here. Im pissed 1st race left the traction control on, 2nd race took the lane that coolant had been spilt and I guess they just didn't clean it up good enough because I spun for a good 15ft. Had a really good time though, definitely got to do this again soon.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're in luck...It's every Sunday for the rest of the year. My crawling junkbox will be there racing with the other 14 second cars.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

We didn't even use 10 gallons when we sprayed the 1/8th. lol What did you think about that prepping? Might have looked crazy, but all the cars that ran once that dried were dead hooking. Even preacher boy made a full rip and had no issues.(Besides the hood )

That wasn't my car...It's a friends...and yeah the thing gets a little hairy when it hits that speed bump in the left lane. I'll have my car there this sunday if they're doing the no time nationals again.
The bumps were fixed 2 years ago I'd say go walk out there but it's a long walk, so drive then get out

I can't remember how much vht (gallons) we'd use when I worked there, but on a nice 60-70* day without direct all-day sunlight, that track would would eat up driveshafts and 7.5''s all day long.....

***** the astro vans
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by somws6bird
I raced that tahoe. Everyone thought that SUV was so fast, unless he wasn't giving it his all when he raced me because I beat him by about a car. Got him out of the whole and stuck about a car behind me the whole time. Before I raced, The guy came up to me and asked to race for money, I should have took advantage of his offer before I raced him for ***** an giggles. Pretty pissed I lost to the GTO though, good race if your on here. Im pissed 1st race left the traction control on, 2nd race took the lane that coolant had been spilt and I guess they just didn't clean it up good enough because I spun for a good 15ft. Had a really good time though, definitely got to do this again soon.
no way bro, I ran on that lane the 1st run after the coolant spilled, no problem. It was not heating your DR's. they were all dusty from rollin over the VHT then drivin back around to the staging lanes.

Looking back, I shoulda run the tahoe
Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by somws6bird
That SUV was fast considering how heavy it is. Figure your car is what? a high 12 second car? That's pretty quick for a 5000 lb truck
Old 09-20-2007, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1BADZ
The bumps were fixed 2 years ago I'd say go walk out there but it's a long walk, so drive then get out

I can't remember how much vht (gallons) we'd use when I worked there, but on a nice 60-70* day without direct all-day sunlight, that track would would eat up driveshafts and 7.5''s all day long.....

***** the astro vans
We drove over the hump when we sprayed the 1/8th...It's definitely still there in the left lane.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-21-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No doubt that the truck was fast but just not as fast as the guy thought it was. Does anyone know what that truck had in it.

And schultz I guess your right just dumped it to high, no excuses. Still pissed though and hope to see the owner of the GTO the next time I go to US 41.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought the truck was an LS7 Cammed and Sprayed.

Nick, missed ur call tonight, I was hooking up the nitrous.

Quick Reply: Sunday SCC at US41??????????