Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

ABS Light on!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS Light on!!

Hey guys i put my car away for winter around September of this year. Well before i put it away i goofed around a little with it, launching it a little, some burnouts etc. Well im up at my parents now, where my car is at, and i figured i would take the car for a quick spin. Well i get in the car and i start it up and now my ABS INOP light is stuck on and also the ASR off light is on and it wont go off. So i dont know if i broke something when i was messing around or what, but if anyone has any advice or anything i can do to check it out, please let me know. Thanks Alot
JacobK
Old 11-20-2007, 11:07 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the connections for the sensors out by the wheels, same thing happens with my GP.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

used to happen on my LT1 when it was cold out, drive it around for a bit, turn it off, then come back in 10 minutes and see if it still says it.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Don't wanna sound corny but look at your alternator to bro. B4 they go out they sometimes make different gauge lights come on. If not that go to ur local aut zone or pep boys and have them scan it for free. my abs light is on on mine and I had it scnned, turns out it's my left front sensor. good luck man

Quick Reply: ABS Light on!!