Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Any Local Help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Local Help?

As I write this, my TA sits in no less than 1000 pieces. All thats left in the engine bay is a block, AC compressor, and alt. Trans is coming out later today, maybe if I get motivated enough.... Still a little hung over. Tomorrow, going to max out the ole credit card and order the rest of my valvetrain components, and some other odds n ends.

My box of goodies is turning into mulitiple boxes of goodies. Soon to be empty...

Anyone care to help degree a camshaft?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Guess not. NO BEER FOR YOU!

Seriously though. This rebuild is going smoother than anticipated. Just waiting on a few parts and I will start slapping it back together.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

So, this weekend I got the trans out... Cleaned up, new torque converter, and deep trans pan. Its sitting there on the work bench waiting to go back in, but I think I am going to button up the bottom end first. Still have to aquire a few parts, but hopefully I will be able to fire it up next weekend. Hopefully.

On a good note tho, there is absolutely no wear or grooves in the cylinder walls, the trans fluid was clean and red, and the magnets were even clean.

On the bad side... I joined the Broken Oil Pressure Sensor Club. My new head gaskets came in, but one was bent. And my tune date is fast arriving... UGH.

Could still use some help, but it seems that, by the lack of replys, people could just give a ****. Thats cool tho.. Thanks for reading.

On a side note, I could really use some advice on the !AIR removal as the mod guide here dosent seem to include some of the parts that are on a 2000...

Quick Reply: Any Local Help?