Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Greenwood

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Sedanman: Thats just how he is...But I guess I can understand though,
Hell he spent a $hit load of money and worked his a$$ off to get the thing. And he feels like with all of the dumbass ricers out there he doesn't want a car he has worked so hard for to be trashed by some young a$$ Punk in an import. Hell insurance wouldn't even cover 1/8 of the money he has in that car. But you are right there are more rare cars than that and they cruise all the time, Thats what makes it fun....Getting to show it off ya know!
Well TTYL man and hope your doing well!
James
i was hanging out on 31 last june, and maybe i was just at the wrong spots but there were WAY too many kids out there. we stopped at a parking lot with a lot of cars there, and kids were "trying" to drift with mommy's accord and the importboys were having rev contests as well as seeing who has the loudest stereo. and i see a kid that was unable to do a burnout with a LT1 formula. and i hear about how fast this blue and white RX-7 is and that it put down 500 rwhp on a dyno "untuned" and see it at ORP the following tuesday blast through the 1/4 mile at 15-something. so yes i can see why someone would be cautious about taking a nice car down there. sorry for the rant, but it was my first time down there since 2004. it just wasn't what i remembered.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i live in southern indiana right now but will be moving to greenwood/columbus area late 2008/early 2009 so when it gets nice id like to meet up with some fellow fbody owners and get to know some hot spots and ppl in the area
Old 01-12-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ads_99ta
i was hanging out on 31 last june, and maybe i was just at the wrong spots but there were WAY too many kids out there. we stopped at a parking lot with a lot of cars there, and kids were "trying" to drift with mommy's accord and the importboys were having rev contests as well as seeing who has the loudest stereo. and i see a kid that was unable to do a burnout with a LT1 formula. and i hear about how fast this blue and white RX-7 is and that it put down 500 rwhp on a dyno "untuned" and see it at ORP the following tuesday blast through the 1/4 mile at 15-something. so yes i can see why someone would be cautious about taking a nice car down there. sorry for the rant, but it was my first time down there since 2004. it just wasn't what i remembered.

thats why there are hangouts where there isnt that bullshit... you just have to look for them. I try to stay away from burlington or any of that crap, theres only so much revving and stupid **** i can put up with
Old 01-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Teching In

i go to suds sometimes
Old 01-13-2008, 08:07 PM
MJD
12 Second Club

and i hear about how fast this blue and white RX-7 is and that it put down 500 rwhp on a dyno "untuned" and see it at ORP the following tuesday blast through the 1/4 mile at 15-something.
It wouldn't happen to have a big wide white stripe down the middle would it? With turbos and aftermarket rims? I live off of 37 and Southport and there is one like this in my complex.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

yeah it had a white stripe, and the hood kinda resembled a viper's. not sure if it had turbos and i don't remember the rims. maybe i'm wrong and he was just sandbagging at IRP, but i just don't see 500 hp out of one of those cars with 15s and sub 100 mph trap speeds.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I know about the blue RX7 too! He got arrested a while back if it's the same guy for acting like an idiot through the tunnels and a cop was tailing him and he didn't see the cop. It was funny as hell, But don't know if it's the same guy. He had aftermarket wheels on it and it was like a royal blue with white stripes. Well to everyone else, See everyone on 31 this year... and yeah We can set up some races. There are 2 spots where we do some late night racing at. The cops usually don't come where we are but occasionally you'll see a couple. There are alot of the regulars that race at the spot. We won't tell everyone where the spot is until later in the year. But usually we all meet up first and then start gathering up people to go race. It'll be fun I promise. So anyone interested will just have to let us all know....TTYL
James

And David, Amber said she'll race you anytime you want....WIN OR LOSE. She ain't never scared. She said she hopes you can drive it this year. Since she can't remember the last time you got some racing in...
Old 01-13-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and i hear about how fast this blue and white RX-7 is and that it put down 500 rwhp on a dyno "untuned" and see it at ORP the following tuesday blast through the 1/4 mile at 15-something. so yes i can see why someone would be cautious about taking a nice car down there. sorry for the rant, but it was my first time down there since 2004. it just wasn't what i remembered.
No its changed quite a bit in the last 3 years or so.

Id like to meet this RX-7, for some reason it sounds familiar.

There is a red and white or whatever fox mustang that runs his mouth saying how he has never had to go full throttle to win a race..........

Last time I was out he was there and pretty much said he could beat anything there..... Not to far from him was a streched turbo busa that I think had a sticky tire...........

I think they said the Mustang runs HIGH 10's..........

I laughed when they told me that.

James and I know of a red LT1 Z I think it is that says he runs 11's but he has street tires, gears, CAI and like one other small thing..........

I wanted to run the STS Vette but he did not want to hahahaha.

Fiance says no more street racing....

James, only time I remember last year was playing with Jeff's girls LS1 GTO.
From a roll me in second him in first I put like 6 cars on him instantly off the bottle.
Both of us were in shock I think hahahaha. "Hey, Were did Jeff go?"
Old 01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
MJD
12 Second Club

Anyone play with the orange GT Mustang with cobra body kit on the south side?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MJD
If its the same one I am thinking of it has a 5 speed.

I waxed it badly more then once in my last car but that was a few years ago.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MJD
pretty slow IIRC
Old 01-14-2008, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

You do have to be carefull where you go along 31, burlington can be full of idiot 15/16 year olds doing dumb sh*t, fights etc..

Usually a smaller group of us will call each other and pick different places each weekend, to keep from being noticed too much. Sisters is fun to sit and watch races by ricers, but cops usually ask people to leave there. Suds is a blast on Saturday's...I just dont usually make it down there before dark, and that place is mostly cleared out by then.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Junkie

ads_99ta - have you had your car to irp? is it...dark blue i think? trapping 116-117 if i recall correctly? perhaps i have you confused with someone, but there aren't a lot of 402 cars running around here.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blackboosted2
You do have to be carefull where you go along 31, burlington can be full of idiot 15/16 year olds doing dumb sh*t, fights etc..

Usually a smaller group of us will call each other and pick different places each weekend, to keep from being noticed too much. Sisters is fun to sit and watch races by ricers, but cops usually ask people to leave there. Suds is a blast on Saturday's...I just dont usually make it down there before dark, and that place is mostly cleared out by then.
Yeah the old lady that lives in that little house to the right of sisters calls the cops on everyone. Cops told us that and we have watched her do it before.
I don't go there now just because its loud enough that we would not go un noticed for a while. Instant phone call. Happend the last time something loud showed up when I was there.

One of the last times I was there some idiot was flashing a gun and went across the street threatening to shoot people.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

I'd be pissed too if a bunch of morons in loud cars parked next to my house at midnight every weekend...in fact that would suck!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

I'm ususally down there with Blackboosted2, PurdueRanger, Sedanman, and the many others that cruise down there with us.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whats the baddest car that usually runs around up there...me and my buddy zack will roll up that way come spring/summer time....like to know what were looking for....anything i cant handle he can take care of for me..lol
Old 01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thislswon
whats the baddest car that usually runs around up there
Roll or dig? There are several 130+ trap cars, and a select few that should go 150+ no problem.

Dig wise quite a few 10 sec cars with a few in the 9's. Probably the fastest that makes it out at all 8 sec.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dig or roll doesnt matter....just curious...my buddy zack has a built 418 lsx stroker/built 4l80E/built 9" rearend/250 shot/full suspension...and its a daily driver...should run low 6's
Old 01-14-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
If its the same one I am thinking of it has a 5 speed.

I waxed it badly more then once in my last car but that was a few years ago.
Doesn't that Mustang have a turbo? If not I swear I have seen another similar stang that had a turbo, then again I could be wrong...

I agree with the Suds on Saturday nights, nothing but nice cars (for the most part). Hopefully my buddy's dad will have his 442 there more this summer.

Quick Reply: Greenwood