Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speeding ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Speeding ticket?

Hey I was wondering if anyone here think that they could help me get out of a speeding ticket in Johnson City Tennessee? I was on my way home from Rod Run this morning driving my buddies Dodge Pickup that has 22' wheels on it and I didnt know the speedo was off, didnt really think about it ethier, and I got pulled over for a 89 in a 70 when I thought I was goin about 79. So I guess the speedo was about 10 off. This is my first speeding ticket ever and I really dont need my insurance to go up anymore than it already is.

Anyone think they could help me out with the judge down there? I live about 2 hours away so I have to go down to the courthouse there on May 23.

Any help is always appericated!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

man tht suxs ...good luck with it....2 years ago i got a ticket for 120 in a 55, passing in a no passing zone, and fleeing and eludeing an officer all at once...lol prob. one of the biggest mistakes of my life!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can't help you, but you should be fine... I would just be honest with the judge and shoot for traffic school if you can't get help..
Old 04-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slvr00Bird
Can't help you, but you should be fine... I would just be honest with the judge and shoot for traffic school if you can't get help..
i was gonna say, if its your first ticket you should be able to get it erased after a 5 hour class. i have only gotten 1 ticket, 66 in a 45, and traffic class took care of it.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea it was a female cop so I knew even though it was my first, I wasnt gettin out of it! lol She said that I could try and get it took care of or I could meet with the Judge and just go to traffic school and it should be took care of. It still pissed me off though, that bitch was hidin over and imbankment in the grass to where all I could see was the top of the lights! It was too late by the time I saw her.

Im gonna tell the judge what happened and that I didnt know the speedo was off so maybe he will be nice with me. My court date is on a Friday so who knows, maybe he will be ready to go home and just throw it out lol

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket?