Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

tornado!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6192962

"A brand new warehouse in University Park, Illinois also sustained severe damage. It was meant to open soon as a distribution center for the Smucker's company.
"It was not in use yet. [it was] supposed to be ready by the 16th or the 19th of June, but I don't think we'll make it," Independent Contractor Bill Ryan said.
Besides the roof damage, the entire back wall of the warehouse is now gone and the dock doors were all blown out in the storm."
Old 06-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw that driving down 57 yesterday. There's a nice path right down the middle of that warehouse. Pretty obvious the path it took. 2 Of the metal frames holding the power wires up over 57 looked like someone crumpled them up like pop cans. The farmhouse and trailor next to 57 were um.. not really there anymore, alot of the trees were not just broken, but twisted. I snapped some cell phone pics, but they didn't turn out very well.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
I saw that driving down 57 yesterday. There's a nice path right down the middle of that warehouse. Pretty obvious the path it took. 2 Of the metal frames holding the power wires up over 57 looked like someone crumpled them up like pop cans. The farmhouse and trailor next to 57 were um.. not really there anymore, alot of the trees were not just broken, but twisted. I snapped some cell phone pics, but they didn't turn out very well.
Pic's of said "farmhouse"

High tension lines

Originally Posted by Matt D
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6192962

"A brand new warehouse in University Park, Illinois also sustained severe damage. It was meant to open soon as a distribution center for the Smucker's company.
"It was not in use yet. [it was] supposed to be ready by the 16th or the 19th of June, but I don't think we'll make it," Independent Contractor Bill Ryan said.
Besides the roof damage, the entire back wall of the warehouse is now gone and the dock doors were all blown out in the storm."
Old 06-11-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn those are some unbelievable pictures. Heard that warehouse got messed up pretty bad too. Amazing nobody got killed out of this.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by scramblerman
damn those are some unbelievable pictures. Heard that warehouse got messed up pretty bad too. Amazing nobody got killed out of this.
The only injuries we treated were 2 people who stepped on a nail while walking through the rubble, where they should not have been.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We were not in the building yet so no injuries or deaths. We were supposed to open it up on Monday, but now that isn't happening. They want to fix it, but I would feel more comfortable in another new building.

Quick Reply: tornado!