Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

PCS with multiple vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCS with multiple vehicles

OK, here's the deal. I currently own a Silverado and a 1978 Camaro. I'm thinking about buying a new Golf GTI to add to my variety of vehicles. My question is, what do you all do when it comes time to PCS and you have 3 or more vehicles. Sell, store, etc? I know it depends on the sitution and new base location but I just want to get a general idea. I really don't want to sell either the truck or Camaro to get the GTI but I'm thinking I might have to in order to avoid a big logistic nightmare when it comes time to PCS. I just arrived at DM late last year from Korea so I don't see a PCS for me in the near future. I just like to think ahead. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

option 1: trailer the camaro and buy the VW at your next base
option 2: drive one of the two auto's, fly back, drive the other one and buy VW at next base
option 3: have a friend drive one of the auto's and fly him/her back

option 4: there are just to many option combo's... i would just trailer the camaro and by the VW later

i drove the hawk out to vandy land first, then southwest back to utah then drove the mighty dodge... i left the hawk in the parking lot of work with the car cover on her untill i found a place to say
Old 02-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

depending on how many drivers there are in the household, DoD will pay to ship so many vehicles. For me, its only myself and my wife driving. They would ship a max of 2 vehicles. We trailered my Camaro and she drove the GP. Talk to transportation and they'll give ya the options recognized by JFTR. Then try and finagle your way from there. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Teching In

when my dad used to move us (retired navy) we would drive 2 u hauls with a car trailered on each, and then my older brother would drive the third car lol theres alot of ways to do it, store it and get it later etc etc
Old 02-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

You could always have one shipped. I think I paid $500 for my Camaro to get shipped from Maryland to Illinois.

Quick Reply: PCS with multiple vehicles