Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

nco's and power trip stories

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EDS01SS
Thats all a staff is in most any squadron anymore. It doesnt get much better anywhere ya go really.
I know I also know that im a dumbass because most of friends are techs now. I behind the curve in a way of my peers but not by AF averages.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Pro/Cons and actually leading them. Plt Sgt
Old 04-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Teching In

At the shop I work at we are severely undermanned and some of the NCO's here have IMO shittier attitudes than some of the airman.

One of the NCO's doesn't think the airman should get a 2 day comp time off work after working saturday and sunday. And yet they wonder why people don't want to come to work and actually try.

Then we have a SNCO that thinks only of herself and could give a **** less if you were dying for a break-nope she's first, you last. I ever saw a guy retire because he couldn't stand being around her.

And that's here at No Hope Pope next to Ft. Fagg.....this place is the place where no one knows what the **** their doing and wants you to bend over and take it in the *** with no lube....
Old 04-01-2007, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Haha... I've heard the expresion Glorifed Welfare and 69nova355 it sounds like thats what your describing. Too bad... One person can do that much, and effect that many people in a negative way. That's life though. Even on the civilian world people hate there bosses.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:25 AM
JUICED96Z

Not an NCO power trip but an Airmen to NCO power trip,

The other day there was a topic on f-16.net and some young kid (crew chief) gets on arguing with my father about something 16 maintenace related NOT knowing my father or how long he has been on 16's or anything like that.

Kid keeps going on and on and my father just ignoores him.

Later one of the other crew chiefs in my fathers unit gets on and pretty much humiliates him in front of everyone.

In a round about way tells him "he has no idea who he is talking to and he (my father) has been turning wrenches in the millitary since before he was born...."

LOL the kid thought he was talking to another 18 year old airmen I guess LOL
Old 04-03-2007, 12:29 AM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by 69Nova355
At the shop I work at we are severely undermanned and some of the NCO's here have IMO shittier attitudes than some of the airman.

One of the NCO's doesn't think the airman should get a 2 day comp time off work after working saturday and sunday. And yet they wonder why people don't want to come to work and actually try.

Then we have a SNCO that thinks only of herself and could give a **** less if you were dying for a break-nope she's first, you last. I ever saw a guy retire because he couldn't stand being around her.

And that's here at No Hope Pope next to Ft. Fagg.....this place is the place where no one knows what the **** their doing and wants you to bend over and take it in the *** with no lube....

I know of a SNCO that makes sure everyone under him has gone on break before he goes. If its freezing ***** out he will stay out on the line and let the younger guys go in.........

Thats how you take care of people and in the end they go out of their way to help the SNCO.

No Hope= No hope for the butt
Old 04-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

CSM ROSE that is all that needs to be said
Old 04-03-2007, 03:54 AM
11 Second Club

NCO's are such ********.... gaaawwddd.... i hate them all..
Old 04-03-2007, 09:49 AM
SCRWS6

You know what "they" say, if the men (people) ain`t bitchin, they ain`t happy
Old 04-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I know of a SNCO that makes sure everyone under him has gone on break before he goes. If its freezing ***** out he will stay out on the line and let the younger guys go in.........

Thats how you take care of people and in the end they go out of their way to help the SNCO.

No Hope= No hope for the butt
I agree, I've found if my supervisor is willing to look out for me I am willing to do the same.

Yes I know this ain't the way it works but sometimes it does work and it makes others willing to work harder for you....

I used to work for a MSgt, cool as hell guy, always looking out for his troops before himself....in fact so cool he could've asked me to go scrape up fresh dog **** off the sidewalk and toss into a garbage pail, and I would've gladly done it just because he's looked out for us.....anyone else I'd tell them to go do it themselves.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Launching!

The better off you treat someone as an equal the better there going to do for you in any circumstance unless that individual is a complete dirt bag.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

^^^^ well said
Old 04-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Teching In

i was a mean *** nco, ive been out for awhile and they still talk about me!! but soldiers need a foot in the ***!!! then they become good nco's, as long as you take you foot out of their *** long enough to teach them something!!
Old 04-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1ssdavid
E7 can't supervise more than 38 in the airforce? I'm an E-4 and I have about 29 under me right now...??? In the Marine Corps of course.
oorah semper fi
Old 04-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
NCO's are such ********.... gaaawwddd.... i hate them all..
Especially the damn E7's!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 AM
On The Tree

i'm only an e-3 right now but the unit i am working with here at tyndall is great, everyone respects everyone and everyone works together to complete the work.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky t/a
i'm only an e-3 right now but the unit i am working with here at tyndall is great, everyone respects everyone and everyone works together to complete the work.
Give it time you will see.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

^^^ If he hasn't seen it by now, he wont see it wherever he is at untill a command change. You know that.

< usmc.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by corum
i was a mean *** nco, ive been out for awhile and they still talk about me!! but soldiers need a foot in the ***!!! then they become good nco's, as long as you take you foot out of their *** long enough to teach them something!!
It's a little bit different between the army and af here. I can see how soldiers would need a foot in the *** here and there. If they don't listen, they could die. Simply put. But you also have e-5's on up out in the ****. In the Airforce it's usually e-5's on down that are doing the work. E-6 on up taking care of well the other bs. Most of the time E-6's on up in my shop have no clue what's going on.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1ssdavid
E7 can't supervise more than 38 in the airforce? I'm an E-4 and I have about 29 under me right now...??? In the Marine Corps of course.
I'm raising the B.S. flag on this one...

So when I chopped over to the 11th MEU, and moved into the barracks, I met my suitemate (guy I had to share a bathroom with, and after a while, the sink for hot water). Despite the fact that even though he's an 0231 (Intel), and says he's a Senior Analyst, the guy can't even hold a ts clearance. So I let him talk ****, which he pretty much bad mouthed my battalion, how we are, and the fact that we're "nasty," even though we do our jobs quite well, and were the most physically fit detachment of the command element (This kid is 6'+, 120-130 lbs, biceps skinnier than my wrist). Keep in mind, most of us are on a 1st name basis, get low-reg haircuts (if we get one), and put our hands in our pockets...pretty lax, but when given a command or direction, we're on it like white on rice. So when this buck corporal told me that he puts his Lances (which he has....1 or 2) to parade rest when he talks to them, the det found out about it, and at the field ex that came, one of the guys said this: "Don't be negative to my Marines." Motard:"You've got me wrong, dog." "No, **** you. Don't be negative to my Marines, or I'll break your 90 lb. *** in half."

I was hoping my sergeant would take care of it, but my boy felt a ****-ton better. Too bad for that kid, though, cuz the rest of the det wants to tear into him for that ****.

Quick Reply: nco's and power trip stories