Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

So what air force bases don't suck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jytfigk.k

Last edited by HFLDtA; 03-01-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

HFLDtA are you PJ???
Old 06-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Staging Lane

Default Pope suxxxxx

The best base for me looking back would be Lakenheath. Great mission and cool **** to do. Deployments were bearable and I was working on the best jet IMO. See now that pope is going to the Army they are starting to build new stuff for the reserve to use when they takeover. That pisses me off, why couldn't they do that years ago when they had the means so all the people that dealt with the shitty facilities could enjoy the new? And yes this place is ran *** backwards, I'm glad to see it just isn't me noticing this. Sometimes I wonder how in the hell we get anything accomplished with dumbasses running things the way they do. But I just take it as no matter where you work or where you are at you will always have dumb ***** or people that you don't see eye to eye with. Especially in the Weapons shops...though I haven't worked w/ any of my weapon comrades here as of yet.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wpnsman2000
The best base for me looking back would be Lakenheath. Great mission and cool **** to do. Deployments were bearable and I was working on the best jet IMO. See now that pope is going to the Army they are starting to build new stuff for the reserve to use when they takeover. That pisses me off, why couldn't they do that years ago when they had the means so all the people that dealt with the shitty facilities could enjoy the new? And yes this place is ran *** backwards, I'm glad to see it just isn't me noticing this. Sometimes I wonder how in the hell we get anything accomplished with dumbasses running things the way they do. But I just take it as no matter where you work or where you are at you will always have dumb ***** or people that you don't see eye to eye with. Especially in the Weapons shops...though I haven't worked w/ any of my weapon comrades here as of yet.
Did you have your ls1 here in the UK? Im about to ship mine here in a month or so... Get alot of looks? I drove a friends 02 Z and everyone and there mom about shat themselves in Norwich...

-jusitn
Old 06-27-2007, 07:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ORedRoc4
Did you have your ls1 here in the UK? Im about to ship mine here in a month or so... Get alot of looks? I drove a friends 02 Z and everyone and there mom about shat themselves in Norwich...

-jusitn
Hi,

I'm not in the Air force etc, but I had my 2000 Camaro SS with me in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. I drive down to Mildenhall for the car service etc.

Generally, people love the car in the UK.

You just missed a big Corvette get together based in Huntingdon. It was the Corevtte club UK meet.... I've not been to it, as currently I'm in Milan Italy, but there are quite a few LS1's etc in the general area.

UKCamaroSS
Old 06-27-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

gnfjhfjfk

Last edited by HFLDtA; 03-01-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Default No

I didn't have my car over there but my friend had one just like mine except 6spd. Girls loved that car over there he would take it to car shows and what not and girls would want to practically f*%# him in the car!!! No ****! If I were going back you better believe I would take it, not for the poontang but just to drive as fast as I wanted like I did before!!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitz

Now, since I was F-15 backshop avionics (2A0X1A), there were only 8 stateside and 3 overseas locations to be transferred to, so the list was short and just about everybody that I had asked at one time or anther was able to answer any question about a future assignment possibility.
Splitz,

Small AF, I am also a 2A0X1A....well sorta, I am outside the F15 world as a 8B100(MTL), so you can probably guess I am just up the road from you. I must say that I am curious to see if I know you.

I started life as a 45136B(F-111 backshop) and ended up at Cannon for 4.5 years. Yeah, it sucked when I was single, but after a wife and kids its not too bad. I shut down the EF111 program in 98 and ventured off to Mountain home to start all over again as a damn 3 level F15 guy. Mountain Home was not a bad assignment if you are into outdoor recreation. Being an obvious car guy there was not much to do. In 01 I was accepted as an instructor in our AFSC and came to Sheppard. OMG!!! talk about culture shock! AETC is terrible! I learned to deal with it, and swapped over to MTL Duty. Alot can be said about Sheppard, and fun is not one of them. The only reason I tolorate this place is proximity to family, and the Dallas car scene.

BTW, I actually miss that damn APG63/70 radar antenna.....ahhh boresite alighnments, my fave!

Jack
Old 06-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by babydeuce
Splitz,

Small AF, I am also a 2A0X1A....well sorta, I am outside the F15 world as a 8B100(MTL), so you can probably guess I am just up the road from you. I must say that I am curious to see if I know you.

I started life as a 45136B(F-111 backshop) and ended up at Cannon for 4.5 years. Yeah, it sucked when I was single, but after a wife and kids its not too bad. I shut down the EF111 program in 98 and ventured off to Mountain home to start all over again as a damn 3 level F15 guy. Mountain Home was not a bad assignment if you are into outdoor recreation. Being an obvious car guy there was not much to do. In 01 I was accepted as an instructor in our AFSC and came to Sheppard. OMG!!! talk about culture shock! AETC is terrible! I learned to deal with it, and swapped over to MTL Duty. Alot can be said about Sheppard, and fun is not one of them. The only reason I tolorate this place is proximity to family, and the Dallas car scene.

BTW, I actually miss that damn APG63/70 radar antenna.....ahhh boresite alighnments, my fave!

Jack
So im guessing you knew the now TSgt Dobbs? He always talks about that damn place... Funny B/C your the 3rd person just this week to meet on here in my career field...

-justin
Old 06-30-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, really small world huh?

I can't remember anything right now.

I was at Seymour Johnson from 99-00 and Lakenheath from 00-04.

I REALLY enjoyed those B3CO's and B3RFA's. That was my fave! Even better was fixing the damn test station that nobody ELSE wanted to!

Anybody wanna give up their "Real" name before I start flaming supervision???
Old 06-30-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ORedRoc4
So im guessing you knew the now TSgt Dobbs? He always talks about that damn place... Funny B/C your the 3rd person just this week to meet on here in my career field...

-justin

Wow! Dobbs is still in the AF...he was bound and determined to get out at high year tenure when he was a SrA. He was an ******* back then, hope he has changed.

Justin, I was probably your TISS instructor in Tech school.

Splitz, I was a manuals guy, but I was not real fond of CO's, Amp's I would work all day long with no complaints.

Jack Rick
Old 07-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Wow! Dobbs is still in the AF...he was bound and determined to get out at high year tenure when he was a SrA. He was an ******* back then, hope he has changed.

Justin, I was probably your TISS instructor in Tech school.

Splitz, I was a manuals guy, but I was not real fond of CO's, Amp's I would work all day long with no complaints.

Jack Rick
Yep TSgt. Dobbs is still in.. he has now joined the dark side.. QA! He is really not an *******, but he is very boisterous, loud, and what everyone calls a "1+upper" because no matter what you've seen or done, he has seen and done far better.. lol

Wow, really small world huh?

I can't remember anything right now.

I was at Seymour Johnson from 99-00 and Lakenheath from 00-04.

I REALLY enjoyed those B3CO's and B3RFA's. That was my fave! Even better was fixing the damn test station that nobody ELSE wanted to!

Anybody wanna give up their "Real" name before I start flaming supervision???
well Lakenheath is my first base... i got here fresh from tech school Apr 05 and decided to stay another 2 years... I got here when Pollreis was in charge... so he may have been your shop chief then too. Im not sure if you know a MSgt. McElroy? but he is running the show.. and i have to admit, with him in charge lfe has been great in the shop...

Im willing to say who i am, i have a clean slate i think SrA Cordero Im in support right now tho...

-justin
Old 07-01-2007, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Justin,

I came over to the MTL side in Feb 05, so I probably just missed you in the schoolhouse. You probably remember SSgt Bates, TSgt Miller, TSgt Taylor and those folks. TSgt Taylor is now an MTL at Sheppard as well.

Dobbs, well, loud is one way to put it! We did not see eye to eye back in the F111 days, as a matter of fact we almost came to blows in the shop one day.

Nice to see an F15 guy or two on here!

Jack
Old 07-01-2007, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I knew McElroy as a SSgt!!!!

Oh of my guys that I supervise here at my civilian job were at Lakenheath from 74-77, in the F-4 days!!!! :shock:
Old 07-01-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Splitz,

Are you going to keep me in suspense, or are you going to give up your identity?

Jack
Old 07-01-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm......

Since I'm out anyway....

Eric Miller
Old 07-02-2007, 02:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

hmmm......

Since I'm out anyway....

Eric Miller
I knew an Eric Miller years ago while stationed at cannon....moved on to Shady J or Langley, cant remember....would that be you?

Jack
Old 07-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Staging Lane

Default real small world

I was @ Seymour from 99-01 then I went to Lakenheath until the end of 04, now I'm stuck @ Pope/Moody!!! I'm weapons so I don't know if I knew any of you guys or not!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Launching!

hmmm......

Since I'm out anyway....

Eric Miller
SSgt. Jackson said he remembers you.. hes sittin in the office now... yea he finally made staff

-justin
Old 07-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Launching!

Justin,

I came over to the MTL side in Feb 05, so I probably just missed you in the schoolhouse. You probably remember SSgt Bates, TSgt Miller, TSgt Taylor and those folks. TSgt Taylor is now an MTL at Sheppard as well.

Dobbs, well, loud is one way to put it! We did not see eye to eye back in the F111 days, as a matter of fact we almost came to blows in the shop one day.

Nice to see an F15 guy or two on here!

Jack
I had both the bates', SSgt. Gonzalez, SSgt. Suggs, TSgt. Miller, Master P, SSgt. Warehime And TSgt. Miller... TSgt. miller (Or is he a master now?) Came and visited Lakenheath in november last year... really an awesome guy also..

-justin

Quick Reply: So what air force bases don't suck?