Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Truck NUTS banned from on base POV's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the iraqi kids will prob. try to hang off of them!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:39 AM
Teching In

I've yet to see anything here that says we can't have them but I still wouldn't. They look stupid IMO. Might as well put a rainbow sticker somewhere on your car near it.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:08 PM

Angry Mee too!!

This morning there was a Captain behind me and told the gate watch to pull me over and make me take my bumper sticker off that says "Dont Tailgate me i have good insurance" WTF!!!?? Its my car they military is PRYING way to much....
Originally Posted by MonkeyBoneSS
Just want to get a few opinions on something crazy going on at my base right now!!! A senior female enlisted wrote a letter to the base commander complaining about TRUCK NUTS!!! NOW truck nuts have been banned once on base!!! Does this seem like it was taken to far or do you think she is justified?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 PM

Default Wow!

You're Blowing this way out of proportion
Originally Posted by Corny40
Man, do you hear yourself? You're saying that others need to grow up and mature, but you're still whining about your plate and think that hanging a big set of plastic/rubber ***** from your vehicle shouldn't offend anyone.

Look at it this way, say you and I are stuck in a room together and I have a bad case of gas, so I keep farting. Obviously, you're not going to be too happy about the situation, but what is the more reasonable remedy? I try to hold in my farts, or you stop breathing?

Another thing you still don't seem to understand is the fact that you are in the military, living/working on a military base. You're not a civi anymore, you don't get to play by those rules. All it takes is one or two people to complain about something and the next thing you know......it's no more. Do you really expect the Base Commander to tell someone, "Get over it. It's just a harmless little flag/set of rubber *****." How soon after that do you think he'd be answering questions from the local reporters and what not?

Why don't you follow your own advice and grow up?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't see a problem in banning them. Always thought they were tacky anyways.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

truck............nuts.........LOLOLOLOL
Old 11-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Teching In

go down to the hardware store and buy a chain and get two big nuts and put them on the chain, then attach them to your car... they can ban them
Old 11-19-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Regular

we had a female Sergeant Major that would peal stickers off of vehicles in the parking lot.

Usually the "I support single moms" strippers and mudflap girls got the most attention from her.

and of course theres the local young Marine with the "pls b 18" license plate, and the "I<3VAG" sticker on his vw...

I'm not a truck guy so I could care less about the nuts. I don't like seeing 47 stickers on a vehicle either...just keep it professional.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is pretty stupid to be worrying about truck nuts..lol

but being an NCO, we do have to maintain an image. not sure i could even consider a vehicle an image. when i think of image, i think of yourself in uniform and how you carry yourself. not because of truck nuts.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:02 AM
On The Tree

One day a couple months ago, my friend and I were talking about how dumb truck nutz were. Well he made trip down to miami one weekend and came back with cocoa nuts. we thought that would be alot funnier to hang them from my hitch than truck nuts. And wouldn't you know some bitch made such a big deal about it that they sent a picture basewide of my excursion via email saying that this is innapropriate and must be removed. I was told not to get caught with'em again. So since it is Christmas I decided to buy huge silver bells to hang instead.
I am civil service btw so don't think I'm in uniform

Last edited by Badhawk; 12-06-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

I guess I can understand both sides, both the side of it being offensive and the side of those who want things like this and other decals ect on their cars. The only thing is that now people are too overly sensative to everything. I know I know, we are trying to help made everybody happy, its our jobs, but at what expense. Bases/posts are private, priveledged places to go, and if the commander gets called on them, then he/she has to react. The question is this though, so a female is offended by the "nutz" on the back of a truck...ok taken off, well then a vegetarian is offended by a "hunting" sticker on the back of a truck, take it off, well somebody who sees my upside down longhorn is offensive because they graduated from the University of Texas...take it off...I mean, it becomes a cycle of losing a little bit of self expression. I think that a car with 28s and 12" of lift is a danger to the driver or just plain offensive...do I go tell somebody? What about music that you hear coming from somebodys car? It is just never ending, it continues to push the limits of what needs to be a judgement call vs what needs to be a base/post commanders call. A few of the offensive or "could be offensive" ones that I've seen on post:

"Lifted, because fat girls can't jump"
"My other ride is your mom"
"I'll f**k the fat friend"

Every sticker, every thing that you do to "your ride" that makes it yours may offend somebody else. My neighbor that runs headers into glasspacks on his old short wide lifted truck offends me at 2 in the morning when he leaves for work or pt or whatever, but I don't go make a stink about it, I figure if he passes emissions or whatever in his county, who am I to complain?

Quick Reply: Truck NUTS banned from on base POV's!!!!