Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Quick iPod / Picture and Videos Folder Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick iPod / Picture and Videos Folder Question

Hopefully one of ya'll multimedia guys can answer this for me.

I have a 120gb ipod classic and so far I've imported about 4,000 songs, 25,000 pics, a few dozen videos and podcasts but still have 2 things I'm trying to figure out:

1) Is there anyway to have picture folders show up going deeper than one level? On my computer and website, I have them divided like FAMILY>2008>ACTUAL EVENT FOLDER, but on the ipod after I sync it just has all those under FAMILY, with thousands of unsorted pics under that one folder.

2) My new computer picks up off air HDTV and has a built in DVR, so I've recorded a few shows that I'd like to put on the ipod - can anyone recommend a good program that will convert large (6-10gb) high def .wmv files to .mp4 that can be played on the ipod? I used a trial version of one of the "easy video converter" programs to convert some of my smaller vids, but it choked on the 6gb NCIS HD episode I tried to convert yesterday.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quicktime Pro. File>export, choose export: movie to ipod.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow94Formula
Quicktime Pro. File>export, choose export: movie to ipod.
Cool, will try that - anyone got any ideas on the pic folders? And heck, movie folders for that matter, I have a few hundred short vids I'd like on there, divided into like cars, family, funny, etc.