Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

First Nitrous Install 95% Complete *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Nitrous Install 95% Complete *pics*

Note, before you see the pictures... realize this won't be the most professional, clean looking install you've ever seen. The goal was a good kit,with as much safety as possible, capable of 150rwhp for under 800$. This was my first nitrous installation and I am a total electric noob. This took me forever to complete but I am satisfied with everything as it is now.

I found a used HSW Sudden Impact kit from a user on here, for 350$ shipped. I then purchased the HSW Microedge controller new. I came well in under budget for what I think is a full featured kit.

The kit has a FPSS, NPSS, HSW Bottle heater, purge etc. I built a switch panel out of sheet metal and mounted my switches and microedge to it for easy access.

I used strong velcro to attach the controller to the dash, as I wanted it to be easily removed if need be.
I will prob eventually paint the sheet metal a gloss black to somewhat match the dash.

The car should make 400-410rwhp on motor, and hopefully this kit will put me around the 550 mark. The car ran 11.4 @ 120 the other day, cam only, on a mail order tune. I have since redone all the shocks and springs with comp eng and QA1's so hopefully I will be closer to 10's on motor and bottom 10's on this budget kit.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

Looks like a birds nest. Good luck with your low 10s.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sluggish
Looks like a birds nest. Good luck with your low 10s.
I guess you are referring to the first two pictures because I cleaned the engine bay up with wireloom as best I can. The wires on the passenger floorboard are to my bottleheater, I have to run them under the carpet. I am still going to make a HVAC blockoff plate to finish out the dash.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Dam dude... mind hinting to the cam specs? That's a high trap & pretty good ET. Weight reduction? Congrats on doing the install on your own steam.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LustrousWS6
Dam dude... mind hinting to the cam specs? That's a high trap & pretty good ET. Weight reduction? Congrats on doing the install on your own steam.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...d-w-video.html

There is a link to my thread. Car has a decent ammount of weight reduction and weighs in the 3350-3375 raceweight range with me in the car and I am 220lbs.

What surprised me is it ran those times on a mail order tune and worn out shocks. Hopefully the new suspension and a dyno tune will improve the motor times, as well as on the juice.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Banned

very cool. You will be hooked as soon as you feel the tq off the launch!!!!