Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

is it totaled...its a jeep

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009 | 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

Default is it totaled...its a jeep

my sister was out tonight with friends and some wanna be fresh 16yr old with moms esclade deside he could pull out infront of my sister, i know its a jeep and not a lsx powered car but im not sure if it would be totaled or be worth fixxing. the cop said the boy in the esclade is fully at fault. the winshield cracked on the passenger side and the air bags didnt depole, you cant really tell from the pics but the driver side fender is pushed out a good bit.

Last edited by rob scott; 04-25-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2009 | 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

I'm pretty sure insurance companies total cars if it cost more that ~70% of the vehicles value to fix it... if that's what you're asking
Old 04-25-2009 | 07:59 PM
Teching In

Looks like the whole front is screwed, and both side fenders are bent. And there's probably some damage that we can't see. Seeing as how that's at least a 10 year old car, it's my opinion that it's totaled....but I'm no insurance agent.
Old 04-25-2009 | 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

yeah its a 1995.
Old 04-25-2009 | 09:04 PM
On The Tree

They'll most likely do an "economic total' on it. That's what happened to my girlfriends 98' ram 4x4. where the cost of the repair (as stated above) is a certain percentage or more of the actual blue book worth in your area. Unfortunately her's was only worth about 5k, even though we put a newly rebuilt transmission in it worth 1400....which they wouldn't give back unless we had one to replace it, which we didn't. But between the insurance and the amount they gave her towards another vehicle she ended up $250 ahead even after the rebuilt tranny. Poor girl only had it about a month or two.

Anyhow, that seems to me like it'd be one of those scenarios. (hopefully she'll come out on top $ wise) So you might want to question what it's worth is, etc. and see what kind of numbers you're looking at to fix it....

Hope she's alright, Good luck.
Old 04-26-2009 | 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, this was mine 5-6 weeks ago. My brother had a seizure while he was driving. He hit a telephone pole and a parked truck going 60mph so these pics, along with the fact that my brother didnt have a scratch on him, pay homage to jeeps crash rating! Mine was a 96, grand cherokee limited, we took off the rims before these pics. It was considered totaled, butit was still driveable. No frame damage or anything. Just needed a new radiator, radiator support, and body work/paint. Est repair $3600. Insurance wrote us a check for $2200 for the value of the car. According to KBB its worth far more so now its in limbo between arbitration and a lawsuit. What engine did you have and was it limited? Anyway, damage looks similar and mine was considered totaled.

Old 04-26-2009 | 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

its the 5.2 liter 318 v8 limited, im guessing its only worth around $1500 because it has a 168k miles on it. my she is ok they pulled her out the car and took her to the hospital and did x rays because the seatbelt didnt stop her from smashing her face of the steering wheel and her knee went threw the plastic under dash on impact so her knee had a nice lasurration/cut on it. we just had the transmission in it rebulit and had all new front suspenion put on, the funny thing about the wreck is i put pink neons under the jeep for her and last night i pluged them in to see if the front neon was crushed and the all the neon lights work.
she has no fault on it so we are more then likey going to have to fight the boys insureance company because their probly going to try and say its not worth $1,000.

kelly blue book value is $5,025.

Last edited by rob scott; 04-26-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: my spelling sucks