Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Always remember to latch your t tops!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i learned the hard way to check if theyre locked. i was driving in a giant windstorm and i turned a corner and the land around went to a flat plain instead of trees so i guess that when it flew out, since the wind could really pick up (60+mph). the wind was soo loud, coupled with my music which wasnt all that loud, and i had my windows down, so i never heard it go, just felt it. found it broken as hell about 200 feet from where im assuming it went out.
moral of my story: dont let your gf put them on without supervision. (they dont know about the latching feature)

its alright though, my neighbor just ordered me one for $80 new so itll be here tomorrow. i paid for one from a guy on here a month ago though (un17real) and he hasnt sent me the son of a bitch. i told him i want my money back like 2 weeks ago and he hasnt signed in. ....first & last time i buy something on tech.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man... I think because of this... I'll stick with a hardtop in any fbody I own...
Old 08-16-2009, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
That sucks. The change in direction of the ground is what owned you, created an updraft and took it straight off. Ouch. Save it though, so when you get a new one you can swap the lock cylinder.
I actually already did that with my new one, I even made a nice writeup of how to swap the cylinder since I couldn't find one on here I figured I'd document the process

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...lock-swap.html
Old 08-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Launching!

That happened to me 3 times in my time, about $300 a pop (about 5 to 7 yrs ago). After paying that much and bearing the embarrassment, learning to latch everytime is second nature. You'll latch them for sure now.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by spoonraker
Damn you must be like a ninja or something. Mine was on...and then it was 20 feet in the air a split second later.
i know man you **** was GONE!! but when it happened to me i even had enough time to look at it lifting up an inch and shout OH ****!!! before i pulled it down lol maybe becuase you were hauling *** and i was doing about 55-60
Old 08-23-2009, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

im guilty of having my t-top flying off too, i was racing this guy from my school on the way back home and right when i was slowing down i heard the famous swoosh of the t-top flying off and watching the glass shatter as it hit the ground
Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 AM
TECH Regular

i was driving down the road goin bout 80 and i heard wind coming in i said to my buddy o **** my t top seal must b bad i can hear wind coming in so i stuck my hand up there to see if it would get louder then the t top lifted and fluttered there for a second i reached up and it flew up i was ab le to grab the handle and it flew to the side of the car and i had the windows up my buddy grabbed the wheel and threw it out of gear as im hanging onto it and all i got from it was a scratch on the window and t top and a pair of pants full of ****.lol -tony-
Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

happened to me once at about 120mph. got one for $50 the next day!!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i hate it when someone is about to record some cool as ****, but the camera man is a ******* dumb ***. and they always fail, and miss the best part of the clip. its like he flinched because he was scared the t-top was going to hit him.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chvypwr31
i was driving down the road goin bout 80 and i heard wind coming in i said to my buddy o **** my t top seal must b bad i can hear wind coming in so i stuck my hand up there to see if it would get louder then the t top lifted and fluttered there for a second i reached up and it flew up i was ab le to grab the handle and it flew to the side of the car and i had the windows up my buddy grabbed the wheel and threw it out of gear as im hanging onto it and all i got from it was a scratch on the window and t top and a pair of pants full of ****.lol -tony-
haha nice, that would definitely get your heart pumpin.

Quick Reply: Always remember to latch your t tops!!!!