Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

The car You Love to hate!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 03:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wickedlsx
IM going to go ahead and say this.... I raced a 2011 California Special 5.0 with a whipple and few other mods on it. The kids said he was in 56k and had 6-8k in mods. I have longtubes, slp maf, k&n cai, built 4l60e, and 4.11's. We went from a 40 roll (because he said he has 650rwhp....yeah ok) but anyways i got jump on him held it for a little then he started pulling and pulled about car and a half on me. second race same thing pretty much. I was expecting for him to walk and walk and walk on me and not be a race. He raced my buddy with low 12 second WRX and beat my buddy by 1 car. THe stang looked good and sounded nasty but i was very unimpressed considering for 1 its a new 5.0 and 2nd that it had a whipple on it. The kid was a good driver no doubt he shifted fast and on point and was rapping out the rpms good. My sig says TSP heads but they arent on yet btw so only mods i listed up abbove. And yeah he prob was running low boost but come on now thats weak. My car is nothing special and he drove the **** out of the car so im kinda baffled
The new 5.0s make about 550rwhp on ~9psi, for the record. So I don't know what to tell you. I think maybe he wasn't as good a driver as you give him credit for.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Launching!

this thread started out as the 5.0L vs ls1...but its slowly expanding to a ford vs chevy again. typical.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Haha typical..very true but whats the world without a little Chevy vs Ford drama? Your gonna miss it if either one or both go away. You'll look back and remember the good ol'e days of this crap.
For now...it is pretty dumb but we'll see what happens with the new platform(alpha?). Then that will stomp the new 5.0, then a new 5.0 SC'd model will come out and it will go around and around and around. All I know is I have my LS1 in my T/A and it's been very good to me. Got a friend with a new 5.0..we'll race some day.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The new 5.0s make about 550rwhp on ~9psi, for the record. So I don't know what to tell you. I think maybe he wasn't as good a driver as you give him credit for.

He said 650rwhp not me, if he was it woulda been game over for me. but i accept he beat me i knew he would not trying to say he was a good driver and he wasnt im just being truthful he didnt miss a shift or hit rev limiter. If we would have kept going more he would have kept pulling and beat me worse but we stopped around 110. Low end wasnt that impressive top end had some great pull though ran like a bat out of hell
Old 10-17-2010, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
The back tire doesn't know if it's N/A or F.I, horsepower is horsepower.
I like this statement. I think I'll steal it and use it myself.

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Well i guess maybe we will see who is on the band wagon after all the **** talk-en, now ls1 owners have to take it instead of dishing it out. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house! I will buy you some p-jelly to put on your hurting bung hole!
It's called the love of being the under dog not being like everybody else hence the term being original lol! But not trying to disrespect the true drag racing ls motor guy's you guy's def set a president, much respect.
Pretty sure I started the topic and clarified that I was wrong in some areas. If you don't like the thread don't look at it and start your own thread about what you think.
I did and it was wrong,I respect your post .
It's called a multi-quote, USE IT.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To make my point clear. A bone stock Ls1 2002 Z28 will not out run a 2011 mustang GT. On paper the car is clearly faster and put up better 1/4 mile times. We cant take that away from ford not one bit. But while ford was tinkering with that 5.0, GM release the ls2,3,7,9 And any one of them can be transplanted in a F bomb. So now the Gen 4 guys need some bolt ons to run with the new 5.0 boys. Its all good tho becuse a ls3 4 Gen Z28 is not a hard swap and soon if not now is the norm. GM has the equipment to run with ford its the 4 GEN camaro with a better heart beat. I dont like 5th GENS so.... yeah.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WSsick
I like this statement. I think I'll steal it and use it myself.

It's called a multi-quote, USE IT.
HA HA! you got me there