Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Burnout in front of ricer shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was the wrong time to do something like that. Very immature and stupid. That road had WAY too much traffic to pull a stunt like that, or even one that was 1/2 as bad. Im all for spinning tires and messing arround, but there is a time and a place, that was neither. That was a luck save that could have cost that man his life and/or others theirs. That had 0 (read that as ZERO) talent involved.

Was this someone who works for Nelson or someone who hangs out there? IMO this gives Nelson a very poor image, even if that person does not work there. I would be furious if my shop was named in a video like this.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by manueltarin
Custm2500 go **** yourself and don't worry about your hamster getting hit, it's to far off up your *** to damage it. Lmao when I read pets on your post. It's even more funny coming from the guy wanting to remove front brakes for weight reduction. If you have never done some dumb **** then join the bandwagon and keep posting.
The point of pets was that as rediculous as that is the compleat loss of controll was far more rediculous.

Removing the front brakes was for a truck that will only see track use and street racing on a closed road that is only me and the other racer. To validate my question(since you brought it up) The track official I talked to saw no problems with it and he said I should be able to run at any track in the country without front brakes. Back to this thread.

I have done some stupid stuff but to put your self in a situation that you compleatly loose controll in fairly heavy traffic is beyond "dumb ****". A big fat burnout in front of the other shop is awesome. For him to keep rolling at 40-60 and loosing controll is taking it too far.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

that video is as retarded as the thread starter.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Launching!

FAIL with a bit Stupid.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Custm2500 go **** yourself and don't worry about your hamster getting hit, it's to far off up your *** to damage it. Lmao when I read pets on your post. It's even more funny coming from the guy wanting to remove front brakes for weight reduction. If you have never done some dumb **** then join the bandwagon and keep posting.
You need to chill out. Don't post something on a public forum if you aren't mature enough to handle the mixed responses.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

The mixed responses are funny. It's like it posted this on the Women's network or something. It's a peformance forum and I expected less panties in a wad.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool idea, but poor execution. It was a nice burnout though. lol.

I'll leave it at that.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice burnout, but pour choice of time. This could of easily turned from having a good time to sad and visiting someone in a hospital or jail.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
that video is as retarded as the thread starter.
dis right hurr

The mixed responses are funny. It's like it posted this on the Women's network or something. It's a peformance forum and I expected less panties in a wad.
not women, just non-endorsers of idiocy. please read the definitions, i felt it fit perfectly: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idiocy?&qsrc= no one has a problem with th performance aspect, just the part about dumb-asses planning and acting out dumb **** on a busy road

i do want the truck though
Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Gotta love rivalries!

Could have gotten ugly, though.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I don't think any of us are getting our panties in a bunch. Sorry I have three kids, and plenty of other people I wouldn't want to visit in the hospital or cemetery because a simple awesome burnout turned into a foolish act.

We all do dumb things that sometimes, event, endanger life occasionally. The key is to do everything you can to make it your life the only one that could be taken if things go awry. This doesn't fit that criteria.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
dis right hurr

not women, just non-endorsers of idiocy. please read the definitions, i felt it fit perfectly: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idiocy?&qsrc= no one has a problem with th performance aspect, just the part about dumb-asses planning and acting out dumb **** on a busy road

i do want the truck though
Well said. If something is not needed around here is more idiots like the OP.

I wonder what would happen if a state trooper sees this brilliant post and investigates just a little?? I bet you would not laugh like a witch on crack after that, huh?

Last edited by chaman; 12-14-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Definitely a bad *** truck, and a pretty harmless brake stand at first. I'm sure the driver felt like a dumbass though, as he should. It shows how quick things can go from being harmless fun to possibly killing somebody. Should be a wake up call but it's obvious that it didn't even cross your mind. A better way to promote Nelson would be to admit that it was reckless instead of playing it off by saying how bad *** it was. Sure we've all done dumb crap, the difference is whether you learn from it or not.

End Rant

Last edited by Camaro Z; 12-14-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

If it wasn't a burnout, it would have been some person on the road texting, reading, playing with the radio, etc.
Not to mention racing, alcohol, drugs, old and young ppl driving that shouldn't be, the list goes on and on.
Most of these scenarios are intentional some by accident, but to get so bent cause someone did a burn out and wiped out is...

I guess my point is, regardless of what you post or what your opinion is, it's not going to matter, the majority of us are still gonna speed, race, burnout, be stupid on the road.

Look at all the forums, check out the Kill Stories or Vids section, it's full of ppl doing dangerous stuff, and we're still gonna do it, regardless.

I do not condone or discourage this type of behavior. I for one, have actually calmed down quite a bit, however, I'm still guilty.

Please don't take this as an attack, this is simply my opinion.
Nobody was hurt or jailed, so lesson not learned.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it's a performance car forum, and as performance car owners we are tired of being accused by police of reckless driving when they catch us driving a bit spiritedly. This video shows exactly the kind of irresponsible behavior that leads to police cracking down on us as car enthusiasts.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

If it wasn't a burnout, it would have been some person on the road texting, reading, playing with the radio, etc.
Not to mention racing, alcohol, drugs, old and young ppl driving that shouldn't be, the list goes on and on.
Most of these scenarios are intentional some by accident, but to get so bent cause someone did a burn out and wiped out is...

I guess my point is, regardless of what you post or what your opinion is, it's not going to matter, the majority of us are still gonna speed, race, burnout, be stupid on the road.

Look at all the forums, check out the Kill Stories or Vids section, it's full of ppl doing dangerous stuff, and we're still gonna do it, regardless.

I do not condone or discourage this type of behavior. I for one, have actually calmed down quite a bit, however, I'm still guilty.

Please don't take this as an attack, this is simply my opinion.
Nobody was hurt or jailed, so lesson not learned.

Point taken. All of us like to drive fast, if we didn't we wouldn't be on here or own the cars that we do. It's easy for people to preach on here, I just think it ruffles some feathers when a situation like the one in the video is passed off as not a big deal. I think everyone can agree that the video was a good example a bad time and place to do that.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Nice burnout, but that was stupid on such a public road.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

does that truck have a hemi?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No need for a lecture if you think it's stupid.
Too bad, you posted this on a message board looking for comments. You need to accept the positive and the negative comments. I'll continue with the negative comments. That was extremely wreckless and ignorant. Hopefully you guys learn you lesson before an innocent person gets hurt or killed. I'd prefer that you not post this here at all. There is nothing cool about this and telling us to "Enjoy" is flat out ridiculous. Grow up.