Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

My Tx2k Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Didn't know those cars can go 186,000 miles per second. A helo depending on the area will / can respond quickly and will never lose the car no matter if it's a 500 hp or a 1000 hp vehicle.
Really? I didn't know cops knew which way you were going when you were already WAY out of their sight? Radios don't do a damn bit of good if they have nothing to radio to each other. If a helicocksucker did respond fast enough to the cop telling him where the guy was (SLIM chance), most top out around 150mph and are only going to be able to chase down one guy out of the group. Again I have to say that there is a reason you never see these types of cars on the high speed pursuit videos. The only way they are going to get caught is if the cops are expecting them.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

If you're so sure, why don't you try it and find out. Get your 1000 HP LS and I'll get a Helo, and you'll always be in sight. While you're trying to turn and go all over to lose me, I'll be sitting on your ***.

I love Kids talking Dukes of Hazard BS
Here is what Phoenix can use
One Agusta A109E, twin engine helicopter purchased in 2005 with a Top speed of 193MPH
Three Eurocopter AS350B3, single engine purchased in 2005/2006 with a Top of speed, 150MPH
Three Agusta A119, single engine purchased in 2006 with a top speed of175MPH

Originally Posted by gocartone
Really? I didn't know cops knew which way you were going when you were already WAY out of their sight? Radios don't do a damn bit of good if they have nothing to radio to each other. If a helicocksucker did respond fast enough to the cop telling him where the guy was (SLIM chance), most top out around 150mph and are only going to be able to chase down one guy out of the group. Again I have to say that there is a reason you never see these types of cars on the high speed pursuit videos. The only way they are going to get caught is if the cops are expecting them.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

I didn't know every car on the highway had a designated helicopter for it? In order for a helo to even be useful it has to have a lock on a car, which again is very hard with a car that will run away from a cop car that fast.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Didn't say they were going to catch everyone because even the guy in a honda civic will get away but the guys that they focus on will be caught. When the cops want to bust these racing event's the Helo is already on call. So once again, I don't care if you have a 1000 HP vehicle, if thats the vehicle they are after, will be the vehicle they catch and you will never lose the helo. Those are just facts.

You can be on a Busa and it will still be there. A helo doesnt need to slow down, turn, or anything to stay with any vehicle on the streets. Streets are limited and with traffic and turns, you will get caught if you are the focus.

Don't care if you street race but Im just telling you what reality says when the cops really want to do something. Trust me I know first hand getting into a race with an unmarked PD Mustang GT. Doh

Originally Posted by gocartone
I didn't know every car on the highway had a designated helicopter for it? In order for a helo to even be useful it has to have a lock on a car, which again is very hard with a car that will run away from a cop car that fast.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

There is no doubt that police do have the ability to catch anyone if they truly want to. But 9/10 times they dont have all this **** ready to go and arent gonna send the heli all the time, so there is a good chance the person will get away, especially in a 1500whp lambo that might as well have a rocket attached to it.

I did not know however the fleet of copters phoenix has. I live in tempe and used to street race quite a bit in chicago and maybe saw one heli, guess thats why there is no street scene here in az.

In the end the way I see it is this is EXACTLY why you never see people who can evenly decently ride a sportbike get pulled over. They see lights come on behind them its downshift, downshift.....gone. Not one person I know with a bike has ever been caught.

And no I do not think this is smart in any way, which is why i have known multiple people die on them, but it proves when on something that fast your almost never getting caught