Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

New pics of the bird

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR
what style wheels are you replacing them with? the rebels look good!
I'm going to try out some Genuine Boyd wheels. I'm waiting on real pictures since this a newer design and I have only seen this stock photo. But hopefully this will be the wheel I go with. Not really a high end wheel but more costly than regular cast wheel. It's a 2 piece wheel, a forged hoop with a high pressure cast center welded in. I hope it turns out good as it is very similar to the Smoothie 2 wheels which is what I really wanted when I purchased the Rebels but at the time it was taking people months to get them and I didn't want to wait.

Last edited by ws6pewter; 04-04-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NICE! thats a sweet looking wheel too! shoot me some info (pm) on where and the price of those wheels....also about your rebels if you decide to get rid of them...

im in the market for some wheels
Old 04-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nicest pewter ta I've seen. I usually dont like those rims but they look killer on your car
Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Best color there is! Nice looking bird and HOORAY FOR CLEAN WHEEL WELLS!

It's crazy the amount of people who ignore this small but major noticing detail. Really allows the wheels to pop.

Love it!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
Best color there is! Nice looking bird and HOORAY FOR CLEAN WHEEL WELLS!

It's crazy the amount of people who ignore this small but major noticing detail. Really allows the wheels to pop.

Love it!
Funny you mention the wheel wells. With my truck it makes a heck of difference...it just doesn't seem clean unless you clean the arm pits.

I haven't cleaned the TA wheel wells for at least 2 years but I only put a couple of hundred miles on her a year and only seen rain twice in her life. So it's pretty easy to keep them clean.

But you can notice some dirt on the barrel of the wheels on the close up pic which I didn't notice until after posting.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ws6pewter
Funny you mention the wheel wells. With my truck it makes a heck of difference...it just doesn't seem clean unless you clean the arm pits.

I haven't cleaned the TA wheel wells for at least 2 years but I only put a couple of hundred miles on her a year and only seen rain twice in her life. So it's pretty easy to keep them clean.
ANY SUV...wheel well cleaning and dressing is a MUST. If you skimp it, it makes the rest look like garbage. Or you're just lazy.

Mine is the same way. Mine just get a spritz of APC+ and agitate with a brush and rinse away and dry clean. When the wheels are off I do add a small amount of polish to them. Seems to help a little.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
ANY SUV...wheel well cleaning and dressing is a MUST. If you skimp it, it makes the rest look like garbage. Or you're just lazy.

Mine is the same way. Mine just get a spritz of APC+ and agitate with a brush and rinse away and dry clean. When the wheels are off I do add a small amount of polish to them. Seems to help a little.
I do the same or if I'm feeling lazy I just use some meguiars hyper dressing and bypass the cleaning.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your car is purdy.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ws6pewter
I do the same or if I'm feeling lazy I just use some meguiars hyper dressing and bypass the cleaning.
That works as well but just becareful because it could cause it to get 'caked/gunked' up and it's even more of a pain to take care of.

Believe me, I have many customers who just keep doing this wash after wash after wash.

But hey, They have me take care of and that's what I do. LOL
Old 04-04-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Those Boyd's will look awesome. Similar to TTII's, but a cleaner look.