Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

zzzzzzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Medic/Z28
What are we looking at?
I think it was a 4x4 Honda Civic with narrow wheels/tires...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:04 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cant run staggered tires on an AWD system on any of these cars. Obviously you guys dont know that. Porsche, Audi, etc. Anything with a high end, variable AWD system.

No biggie. I can't believe this guy got so butt hurt over a post he made on a GM site. News flash, nobody on here knows anything about what you've got, take it as a grain of salt LOL.

FWIW, anyone buying a E9X 335i/X car in the high teens is buying a beat piece of garbage. This cars are still going mid 20s. Thats like saying I can buy a C5 Z06 for 12k. I absolutely can find one for dirt money, but it will be a beatbox.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
You cant run staggered tires on an AWD system on any of these cars. Obviously you guys dont know that. Porsche, Audi, etc. Anything with a high end, variable AWD system.
Yes, rolling diameter must be identical or near identical for the front and back wheels/tires. You run the risk of damaging the transfer case/viscous couplings if the diameters of the front tire are different than the rears. However as the tire calculator indicates... a 225/35/19 has a diameter of 79.17" nearly the same rolling diameter as a 255/30/19 at 78.61". A difference of 1%. It becomes a hassle though because you can't rotate tires when running a staggered set. Regardin the OP, I think the a wider wheel all around would fit the proportion of the car better.