Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Cammed GTO

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cammed GTO

Finally got around to getting a cam put in by Josh (aka Damian) at Spartan Performance. The cam is 224/232 .600/.600 114 plus we upgraded the UD pulley, push rods, springs, and other supports parts/gaskets. Picked up the car today and all I can say is.... actually I can't really say to much because my clutch is completely gone! The clutch was already going and the new power just finished it off during tuning, maybe Josh will chime in on this. I will be installing a new LS7 clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder next week.

Even though I haven't given it more than 1/2-3/4 throttle up to about 5k rpm, I still can tell a huge difference. It felt to pull as hard giving it that amount of throttle as a WOT pull used to feel.

So far I can say I am very happy. As always, Josh did a great job and provided the best customer service out there. The drive ability is excellent, no surging and feels to have great low rpm power. This cam seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

It sounds amazing which is a big plus. More lopey at idle than I expected. I can't wait to get the new clutch in so I can get on it and find out what the car has now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96BCW...el_video_title
Old 08-06-2011, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds good. Now we need vids of you ripping on it
Old 08-06-2011, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Sounds real good! I see you're over on MCE also
Old 09-13-2011, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates? Are the dyno #'s in your signature with the cam?
Old 09-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Any updates? Are the dyno #'s in your signature with the cam?
No those numbers are with just bolt ons. I am off at school a few hours away from the guy who did the work so I am waiting until I get back to Atlanta in order to put it on the same dyno. Hopefully the weather will have cooled down a little bit by then too!

The only update I have for now is that the car drives great and I'm really happy with it. Oh and this video can provide as a slight update. I created a thread with it also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYt4m...el_video_title