Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Engine Bay Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Bay Pics

First off these are just cell phone pics, so color and image quality is lacking, just looking for suggestions and thoughts. New to the whole engine bay modifications.

I just did the wire mod and added a battery cover and fuse box cover. I am getting the SLP on the lid red this week. Should I powder coat the strut bar black too? The fuel rail covers are going to stay red with black lettering. I am also taking off the white belt drive stickers on the drivers side tomorrow.

Last edited by smitty504; 07-23-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:51 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is alot of info on engine bay detailing,polished bolts,covers,filling holes,etc first thing i would do is take off the front plastic part that is all faded and repaint that, that alone make a bigg difference, also could paint the window washer tank or if you dont use it remove it, i just painted mine not to long ago, painted all the brackets/valve covers/coils/coil brackets/filled holes etc, its time consuming filling holes/painting but it looks a ton better than it did, its just very hard to do a perfect job with the motor in the car,but overall it was a easy project that i had fun doing
Old 07-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Does anyone make a cover for that whole front area? That would make the process a lot easier. I will paint the faded piece in the anyway and probably remove the windshield washer reservoir as it's never been used
Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6le made some covers at one point but dont know if they still do,but i know some guy on tech was making them as well,
Old 07-25-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How did you clean your engine bay? I need to clean mine, just worried I will screw the computer up somehow.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fill in and repaint the pea size holes that are left from the wire tuck, Also tuck your hood latch cable and fill and repaint the holes that are left, get rid of or paint black your windsheild fluid tank, black PCM cover, relocate your grounds, polish any exposed metal.. ect
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
6le made some covers at one point but dont know if they still do,but i know some guy on tech was making them as well,
I thought I saw that at one time too, I can't seem to find the thread though. I think he posted in someone else's thread that was already going

Originally Posted by FatZ28
How did you clean your engine bay? I need to clean mine, just worried I will screw the computer up somehow.
My engine bay was pretty clean for the most part, I just used some simple green on the really dirty parts and used a spray detailer. I didn't need to actually put the hose to mine.

Originally Posted by bestlude
fill in and repaint the pea size holes that are left from the wire tuck, Also tuck your hood latch cable and fill and repaint the holes that are left, get rid of or paint black your windsheild fluid tank, black PCM cover, relocate your grounds, polish any exposed metal.. ect
Black PCM cover is on the wish list, good idea for the wife for a little christmas present, Until I can fill and paint the holes from the wire tuck I am just using the black plastic rivets. I was thinking about tucking the hood latch cable but its just one small cable and to me isn't bothersome at the current time
Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also painting the dip stick black or anything with offsetting colors..

Looks great !!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

now that the SLP is red it looks a lot better than before, When I took the white stickers off the driver side you can now tell a difference in the paint, any suggestions other than repainting to get this off? I took a mild compound to it by hand but no luck.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Emblempros has the front cover you are looking for.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blk99transam
Emblempros has the front cover you are looking for.

Thanks, Forgot about them. Wish it covered the headlight area too, I swear someone on here was making ones that covered that area too

Quick Reply: Engine Bay Pics