Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post more pics of the engine bay bro.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you just whistler the headlights in blue, or did you tint the lenses as well?

Car looks good though.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback, guys! With serious cars like HotwhipT/A, DJ Fury's and several others on here that are way nicer, it's really nice to catch positive feedback!

Originally Posted by DeLaRosa25
I like the color theme. But like others mentioned..the headlights..no.. Catfishes are not suppose to wear blue eye shadow.
LOL @ the eye shadow comment, I'll have to use that! My girl actually told me she wanted the anodized blue over the stock chrome, she loves it... and she'll love the eye shadow comment

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
I'm also not feeling the blue headlights, but otherwise looks good. I might of done the lights white to be color matched like C6 lights.
Actually, I've done it in white. I really didn't feel it, never put a mile on them. I actually ended up selling them to someone else, and I believe he's a fan of the look.

On my car, please forgive the nasty hood and paint...

Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Coppertone
post more pics of the engine bay bro.
Well, now that admittedly needs work. Here's one:

I feel almost like the strut towers are stained, because I've scrubbed with soap and water with a tooth brush with no success! Also, since this picture, I've done an ABS delete/Line lock and sanded the lid back down to make it smooth, taking out the plastic texture. I also need to finish doing all the bolts in stainless... it's an ongoing project!

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Did you just whistler the headlights in blue, or did you tint the lenses as well?

Car looks good though.
The lens isn't tinted, the bulbs are blue and that may be the effect you're seeing. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. But the headlights. Eeehhhh! Well not so much. Over all nice setup tho
Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Chevrolet's answer to the Anniversary T/A

Not feeling it too much, but I am more of a stock look guy
Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

wery nice z
Old 04-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

I know I'll catch flack for saying this but... I would like to see how some powdered blue wheels would go on there. Either way that's a great looking car man, what else do you have planned for it?
Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

I like it-especially the headlights! Reminds me of the original T/A's. Since you like to switch the look up a bit, perhaps you could get another hatch and change up the stripes, so you could install a Blue berger panel?

Just a thought. Very Nicely done Z!

Did you try using some cleaner wax on the Strut towers? That might work. If not, maybe some white wax (the stuff they have that hides scratches), or this stuff may work:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-3200-3322.html

Last edited by DOC-Z; 04-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Again, thanks for all the positive responses, y'all!

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
Huh, ya know, I hadn't even thought about that! Yeah, I guess it is kinda the Chevy version, LOL! The stripes are actually the '99 MBM, like my first Camaro. Kind of like a tribute, I loved that little V6...

Originally Posted by Smithwick88
I know I'll catch flack for saying this but... I would like to see how some powdered blue wheels would go on there. Either way that's a great looking car man, what else do you have planned for it?
Man, I thought the same thing on the blue wheels! I immediately slap myself for thinking it, but I still do! I'm swapping the wheels to chrome C5 deep dish wheels, so maybe when the C6s are off, I'll get a wild hair... but not likely Plans appearance wise are complete, but the interior will get a chromoly roll bar, maybe some tint and a little more power

Oh, and I'll be getting a license plate next month: 10 BALL

Originally Posted by DOC-Z
I like it-especially the headlights! Reminds me of the original T/A's. Since you like to switch the look up a bit, perhaps you could get another hatch and change up the stripes, so you could install a Blue berger panel?

Just a thought. Very Nicely done Z!

Did you try using some cleaner wax on the Strut towers? That might work. If not, maybe some white wax (the stuff they have that hides scratches), or this stuff may work:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-3200-3322.html
Change up the stripes on the hatch so a blue berger would flow? Not sure I follow, but I like where your head's at I was actually just thinking of getting another hatch with a Z28 spoiler...

No, I hadn't tried cleaner wax on it, it hadn't really been a priority to this point. Though now that the exterior is almost complete, it's time to start getting the engine bay up to par with the LS1Tech elite! There are a lot of beautiful engine bays to get inspiration from around here, shouldn't take too much to light the fire
Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blownbayou

Not feeling it too much, but I am more of a stock look guy
Originally Posted by Smithwick88
Precisely. This car is screaming for some 30th T/A wheels. Go ahead and **** off the 30th guys.

Love the 10 BALL plate idea to match your theme and your shifter.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Wish I could get my FTP lid to sit like that. Have a nasty scratched area on the top from the hood rubbing.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, while the powdered blue wheel idea appealed to my curiosity, y'all couldn't convince me to spend that kind of money on an experiment. Almost, but not quite

But I did feel that the car deserved wheels as opposed to the hyper black...

Old 05-27-2013, 05:32 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is your car not featured in GMHTP or Camaro Performer's Mag? Atleast on the readers' ride or street heat section.

I dig the colors but like everyone else, the blue whistlered headlights are too much.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why haven't you sprayed the fender wells inside the bay/shock towers?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

I dig the look you got goin. One of my first fbody loves was the 30th T/A.

Blue wheels.... do it, do it

Old 06-08-2013, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
Why haven't you sprayed the fender wells inside the bay/shock towers?
That is a great idea, thanks! It may not happen soon, but it's now on the to-do list

Originally Posted by VehicleCityLS1
I dig the look you got goin. One of my first fbody loves was the 30th T/A.

Blue wheels.... do it, do it
Man, those wheels look very nice... it would be cool to find someone with a variant to try out on the car without investing the fortune it would be!

I actually was toying with the idea recently of using some gloss blue metallic vinyl wrap to try on some wheels. Hmm...

Originally Posted by bene
Why is your car not featured in GMHTP or Camaro Performer's Mag? Atleast on the readers' ride or street heat section.

I dig the colors but like everyone else, the blue whistlered headlights are too much.
Thanks for the compliment

Back from the Hot Rod Power Tour. Among all the 5th gens and new mustangs, the car got plenty of attention! No magazine love though, HR was more interested in a convertible white 5th gen two cars ahead of me...

Quick Reply: Just Showing Off