Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Questions about Go Pro cameras

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Questions about Go Pro cameras

I am thinking about purchasing a Go Pro for doing some filming while I am cruising. I am looking for recommendations on which version to go with. Also what accessories are worthwhile? 1080P will be a must and whatever will record the best sound, not sure if the stock mic is adequate.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I recently bought a 3+ black. It will do 60FPS at 1080, I just don't have any software that will process it at that. Wind noise seems to vary greatly depending on position.
I use a external mic with mine a lot of times. Only problem with that is having a cord to deal with.
I've got the external mic adapter, a skeleton case, and a tri pod adapter with mine. I bought mine used so I'm not sure if the Wifi remote is standard or not but it makes things much easier and is a must have.

Placement testing

just hanging off the side.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

i just got a hero 4 silver edition last week and havent had a chance to play with it yet since it didnt come with an SD card but i plan on getting one today. from everyone that i have talked to have said to get a suction cup mount, you can mount it anywhere on your car. i will be picking one up today when i get the SD card. also may look into the go-pro extension pole, could be usefull at carshows and while cruising around as well
Old 06-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If buying new I would go with the silver. I just read the other day the 5's should be coming out in October.

If the one you get has wifi, you don't need the little remote if you have a smartphone. I think using the phone to control and preview the shot is the best way to set it up.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 129 Likes on 116 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

With all these POV cameras you get a fisheye effect to some extent, as well as shitty sound due to the size/location of the mic.

I have a Contour HD, but do like the Hero better due to the support they have.
IF, I was going to buy a new one, I like the Hero4 Black edition.

Last edited by Doug G; 06-13-2015 at 06:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Questions about Go Pro cameras