Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Slideshow vid of my LS1 S10

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slideshow vid of my LS1 S10

Here is a video of my S10 that I finally finished up. As we all know, it may look finished but it is becoming my never ending money pit LS1 S10 Project
Old 08-15-2004, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Your truck is bad to the bone. Nice slide show. Post up some track numbers when you get 'em!
Old 08-15-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good. What did you do about the exhaust particularly the headers? I'm in the middle of my swap, just waiting on the necessary funds and time. I'm probiably gonna have to have a set of custom headers fabricated for mine but would like to use something that would bolt in vs the cost considerations right now. Sanderson makes a set of headers but they are like 1 1/2" primaries with a 2.5 collector. Might as well use manifolds I figured for that. I am using a TR224 cam with a set of 1.5 TEA heads so I actually have to have headers. Looks good man. Also what tranny you using? Nice truck man. Here is my website to get a look at mine. It isn't gonna look much different than it does now. www.geocities.com/jays_s10
Old 08-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Sweet man! That looks awesome! I've got 2-3 ideas floating in my head for a LS1 swap, but I just can't seem to make anything work.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kossuth
looks good. What did you do about the exhaust particularly the headers? I'm in the middle of my swap, just waiting on the necessary funds and time. I'm probiably gonna have to have a set of custom headers fabricated for mine but would like to use something that would bolt in vs the cost considerations right now. Sanderson makes a set of headers but they are like 1 1/2" primaries with a 2.5 collector. Might as well use manifolds I figured for that. I am using a TR224 cam with a set of 1.5 TEA heads so I actually have to have headers. Looks good man. Also what tranny you using? Nice truck man. Here is my website to get a look at mine. It isn't gonna look much different than it does now. www.geocities.com/jays_s10
I have not seen the Sanderson headers, but 1 1/2 primaries is too small for a stock LS1 let alone a H/C setup. The cast manifolds from the newer cars have a small potential if they are CNC ported. Hinson Supercars sells them ported for thier LS1 RX-7's, they run a H/C and NOS motor in thier shop car and it goes 10.90's so....? I am running the factory 98 manifolds but I cut them open, removed the egr and Air ports and gutted the internal baffeling. Don't waste your time doing this! I am running a 150 shot through a DP fogger system and I can tell that my exhaust is holding me back. I am going to probably make a set with 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" but im too lazy
Ill have to check on the sanderson headers, maybe they can make a set with larger primaries?
Old 08-15-2004, 08:34 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice truck! definately want to know what kind of #s you get from it, keep us posted!