Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP!

I have aportable ARCHOS 20g MiniHD that has all of my illustrator and photoshops for school on it. It suddenly won't connect to any USB port. I did a trouble shoot on it and all it told me was error code 10 ??
Old 10-03-2004, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

That one is outta my league dude...Sorry....Might want to try and call the company that you got it from and find out...they may be able to tell you.....If not try a computer geek at your school....
Old 10-03-2004, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

yeah call the company or get someone to help out at school. I know my friends External HD quit on him because he used it a lot and he put it on top of his computer tower so the heat got to it. Those already have a shitty cooling system, it consists of a vent and a shitty little fan about the size of a 1/2 dollar coin, so they need to be placed in the open, even in front of a fan if possible, because heat kills those things.

i ended up taking it apart and hooked up the hard drive it's self (yes that's all it is, a regular hard drive with a fancy usb hook up) and i couldn't get the info off of it because it was cooked. But i was able to reformat it and re-partition it and now it's useable again.

But, we lost all the info on it. That's just what happened to us, i couldn't say for sure what happened to yours without looking at it my self.
Best bet is call the company, see what the code means and go from there.
Good Luck.