Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Help with Windows Movie Maker

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Windows Movie Maker

Just trying to test out a movie I am making on my DVD player. I am wanting to just burn it onto a cd and play it instead of wasting a dvd. I click save to cd, but it wont play on the player. I know it supports VCDs. I believe the movie maker is just saving it as a file and no script to run on the player. Anybody got any help?
Old 11-16-2004, 07:07 AM
Teching In

please
Old 11-16-2004, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Even though your DVD player READS the other type CD, its not going to play it as a video because your burner isn't burning it as a video... make sure that when you SAVE your movie, it is saved as a MOVIE file, not a project file, project files will only play with Movie Maker. Also, make sure that when you burn the CD, depending on the burning program, that you are making the right type of CD. I use Nero, you can make ALL sorts of CDs, make sure you are using the right setup for the CD, or it will burn the movie as a file(data) not an actual movie. I know you don't want to waste a DVD cd but, thats basically the thing I would do, I'd do it the way it was supposed to be done. Good Luck!