Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

LS1 Z28 vs. SRT4

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

somehow i still have 0 respect for 4 door family econoboxes... like someone above said of course if you have the money you can make anything fast, but why a neon?!? unless youre going for the sleeper effect...
Old 03-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vortec_7
somehow i still have 0 respect for 4 door family econoboxes... like someone above said of course if you have the money you can make anything fast, but why a neon?!? unless youre going for the sleeper effect...
I knew it couldnt last!

Why the hell not a neon? I bought the car because it was very inexpensive and it was very easy to make it fast.

I realize that it's not everyone's taste but some people are blinded by the fact that it's not a Mustang or a Camaro, etc. Wake up and smell the coffee.

I dont have to use my car to pick up women nor did I buy it to fit in with a group of guys on the internet. I feel sorry for you if you did buy your car for that reason. On the other hand, I respect people who buy performance cars for just that, performance.

The majority of "car guys" realize that and are cool with the car even if they may not own or care to own one. I realize this is a F-body board and people will be biased (I for one love LS1's and think theyre great cars) but the amount of "brand blind" people on the internet is amazing.

Last edited by 04BlackSRT-4; 03-02-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still a Neon -
Old 03-02-2005, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04BlackSRT-4
I knew it couldnt last!

Why the hell not a neon? I bought the car because it was very inexpensive and it was very easy to make it fast.

I realize that it's not everyone's taste but some people are blinded by the fact that it's not a Mustang or a Camaro, etc. Wake up and smell the coffee.

I dont have to use my car to pick up women nor did I buy it to fit in with a group of guys on the internet. I feel sorry for you if you did buy your car for that reason. On the other hand, I respect people who buy performance cars for just that, performance.

The majority of "car guys" realize that and are cool with the car even if they may not own or care to own one. I realize this is a F-body board and people will be biased (I for one love LS1's and think theyre great cars) but the amount of "brand blind" people on the internet is amazing.
actually i dont have a camaro...i have an older trans am, but thats not the point. i havent modded it for performance, thats what my rx7 is for. you can do whatever you want to your car, its yours. p

ersonally i think the neons are girly little cars. its not about whether or not its a camaro or a mustang. the newer ones are better than the older ones, but they still just remind me of a car i would see a 16 year old girl driving...and i do see them driving them a lot.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

actually i dont have a camaro...i have an older trans am, but thats not the point. i havent modded it for performance, thats what my rx7 is for. you can do whatever you want to your car, its yours. p

ersonally i think the neons are girly little cars. its not about whether or not its a camaro or a mustang. the newer ones are better than the older ones, but they still just remind me of a car i would see a 16 year old girl driving...and i do see them driving them a lot.
im sorry but that is kinda true just like celicas are mostly driven by girls. Guy with the srt how much money in mods have you spent to get in 11's.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

I really not sure about the honesty of this video , looks like this vid is created or planed for , I had trained my car on some of these bull ***** when my car was stock
Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
I Like Gold!!!

didnt even look like the ls1 got on it. But 11's with a skittle is crazy!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

funny, i knew of more 16 year old girls when i was in high school that owned both v6 and v8 fbodies than i did ones that owned neons or celicas or the typical "girl cars".
Old 03-02-2005, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
funny, i knew of more 16 year old girls when i was in high school that owned both v6 and v8 fbodies than i did ones that owned neons or celicas or the typical "girl cars".
what ******* school did you go to?!? lol
Old 03-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

I knew it couldnt last!

Hey Pot this is Kettle, you're black. You mention the amount of brand blindness is amazing while you defend your Dodge Neon. Basically you're contridicting yourself in your own post. You bought a Neon to race. Thats cool. To each their own. Nobody is slamming you for your choice of ride. If everyone owned a Camaro/TA or a Mustang, the racing world would be really boring. Just don't come to a GM board and expect everyone to think a Neon is a cool car. I don't, and to be honest with you I hate them. They're turds. However, that is my opinion and everyone will have their own. Hit up a Neon board if you want to see people sing praise on how badass they are. It won't happen here.

If anyone buys a car to pick up chicks, I feel sorry for them. Regardless of brand, its just sad.

Of course, what do I know? I race a Mustang!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

You've got some bad information my friend. I've had 450whp and 457ft-lbs on a totally stock motor/trans/etc etc. for a half a year now. Whoever told you that the SRT-4 is unreliable when modded is dead wrong.

They do have a forged crank and a cast iron block and are built for boost. Mine is holding up nicely to 28psi, thank you very much!

Hey man, props given when necesary. Your car is quit quick but dont get so worked up. We are all entitled to our own opinions and we must all aknowledge atleast that much.

about your method of speed, you said why not. Fine, may things could be brought up to say that any given car is either optimal or incapable of producing a solid fast machine. True?

But lets look at some dynamic. Yes you have forged crank and iron block. So do i! That doesnt mean that a steel rod wont snap due to high cylinder pressure and put a hole in your iron block under high boost and lets say during a missed shift. I see the way you shift. try a powershift and miss, maybe you might redirect 28psi into your iron block and blam!!! New paint job ("oil brown")

Also, your car is a factory "stroker" motor when compared to the other 4 clyinders dodge/chrysler engines. THats why you cant rev the snot out of it like a honda k series (both your 2.4l and my ls1 have similar redlines...mine is a 8 cylinder though..hmm) Longer stroker, non forged rods.....BLAm!!! Lt say you dont have adequate oiling and you spin a rod bearing under 28psi.....

Also, you are now pushing about 400+ hp to the front wheels. Your front wheels are also your drive wheels. Under acceleration, your weight transfers to the rear and lifts your front drive/power wheels. Even with a limited slip, you will experience torque steer, understeer, no traction in your drive wheels and are now out of your cars "dynamics" (wat do you think is better, pushing a box from behind and steering in the front or pushing and steering that same box from the front?) The dynamics i mean is the efficient transfer of energy in your car to your drive wheels. They might be ligther but wont transfer, destribute, and "process" the energy your motor is producing as efficient as a RWD car. You only seems to make good numbers when on slicks, ever wonder why? Im not questioning your intelligence for i dont know eveythin, but that is the truth about you platform.......Your cars suspension, for example, isnt optimal...basically it was made to be a quick FWD car that could in stock form be quicker than a similar four door car. (civic si, celica gt-s, eclipse gt..so on) OF course, anything with a turbo we get our hands we're increasing boost quicker than we can handle it. hmhaha!!

Again, dude, im not bashing your car and if you think its a sports car than be my guess, but i feel thar turbo neon owners bought their cars prove a point... Also, I know tons of guys that havent had a single gasket go and one day...blam!!!! heheheh!! it happens....and dont think that since it hasnt happened to you it wont. Pushing that kind of power through any block is bound for a single mistake.....

I would also like to say that a "bolt on" turbo neon isnt the same as a "bolt on" zo6......hmmm just because your "bolting on" a larger turbo, intercooler, boost controller...watever, is the same as a bolt on lid or an exhaust.

again, congrats on the car..........but if you dont want to prove some people right on this forum and other forums....take her down, throw in a new "real" forged internals kit and let here rip......but dont miss a shift...it might cost ya all those pretty pennies you put into your sports car....

Also, this IS a LS1 forum, wat if i wen to a turbo neon forum, wat kind of respect will i get there? hmhhahahahahaha!!!!

Last edited by obZidian; 03-02-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spritle
Hey Pot this is Kettle, you're black. You mention the amount of brand blindness is amazing while you defend your Dodge Neon. Basically you're contridicting yourself in your own post. You bought a Neon to race. Thats cool. To each their own. Nobody is slamming you for your choice of ride. If everyone owned a Camaro/TA or a Mustang, the racing world would be really boring. Just don't come to a GM board and expect everyone to think a Neon is a cool car. I don't, and to be honest with you I hate them. They're turds. However, that is my opinion and everyone will have their own. Hit up a Neon board if you want to see people sing praise on how badass they are. It won't happen here.

If anyone buys a car to pick up chicks, I feel sorry for them. Regardless of brand, its just sad.

Of course, what do I know? I race a Mustang!
No where did I spout off saying that everyone should bow down to a neon. The person I was responding too asked why the hell I would spend money on a neon and I answered him.

I also didnt come on here to convince people to like the SRT-4 nor did I come on here for people to praise "how badass" they are. Someone else posted this video over here, not me. I was merely commenting on the common arguement I hear that "its just a neon".

You dont like it, I dont give a flying ****. And pahleeze dont think that there arent any LS1 owners that come ovr to SRTforums and try to talk like theyre the big ****.

Someone asked how much money I have spent on the car so far (So far just bolt-on stuff):
50 trim kit: $1700
FMIC: $600
750cc injectors: $375
Walbro 22lph Pump: $100
Return line w regulator: $250
Downpipe w cutout: $300
Intake: $275
E-manage & E-01: $900
Slicks & Racing Rims: $600
Solid motor mounts:$100
LCA bushings: $200
Clutch:$600
Coilovers:$900
Sold stock turbo: -$300
Sold Stock IC: -$150
Sold Stock Injectors: -$100
Sold stock clutch: -$150
Sold stock suspension: -$200

About $7000 including suspension/drivetrain stuff. Are there cheaper ways to do it? You bet.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by obZidian
Hey man, props given when necesary. Your car is quit quick but dont get so worked up. We are all entitled to our own opinions and we must all aknowledge atleast that much.

about your method of speed, you said why not. Fine, may things could be brought up to say that any given car is either optimal or incapable of producing a solid fast machine. True?

But lets look at some dynamic. Yes you have forged crank and iron block. So do i! That doesnt mean that a steel rod wont snap due to high cylinder pressure and put a hole in your iron block under high boost and lets say during a missed shift. I see the way you shift. try a powershift and miss, maybe you might redirect 28psi into your iron block and blam!!! New paint job ("oil brown")

Also, your car is a factory "stroker" motor when compared to the other 4 clyinders dodge/chrysler engines. THats why you cant rev the snot out of it like a honda k series (both your 2.4l and my ls1 have similar redlines...mine is a 8 cylinder though..hmm) Longer stroker, non forged rods.....BLAm!!! Lt say you dont have adequate oiling and you spin a rod bearing under 28psi.....

Also, you are now pushing about 400+ hp to the front wheels. Your front wheels are also your drive wheels. Under acceleration, your weight transfers to the rear and lifts your front drive/power wheels. Even with a limited slip, you will experience torque steer, understeer, no traction in your drive wheels and are now out of your cars "dynamics" (wat do you think is better, pushing a box from behind and steering in the front or pushing and steering that same box from the front?) The dynamics i mean is the efficient transfer of energy in your car to your drive wheels. They might be ligther but wont transfer, destribute, and "process" the energy your motor is producing as efficient as a RWD car. You only seems to make good numbers when on slicks, ever wonder why? Im not questioning your intelligence for i dont know eveythin, but that is the truth about you platform.......Your cars suspension, for example, isnt optimal...basically it was made to be a quick FWD car that could in stock form be quicker than a similar four door car. (civic si, celica gt-s, eclipse gt..so on) OF course, anything with a turbo we get our hands we're increasing boost quicker than we can handle it. hmhaha!!

Again, dude, im not bashing your car and if you think its a sports car than be my guess, but i feel thar turbo neon owners bought their cars prove a point... Also, I know tons of guys that havent had a single gasket go and one day...blam!!!! heheheh!! it happens....and dont think that since it hasnt happened to you it wont. Pushing that kind of power through any block is bound for a single mistake.....

I would also like to say that a "bolt on" turbo neon isnt the same as a "bolt on" zo6......hmmm just because your "bolting on" a larger turbo, intercooler, boost controller...watever, is the same as a bolt on lid or an exhaust.

again, congrats on the car..........but if you dont want to prove some people right on this forum and other forums....take her down, throw in a new "real" forged internals kit and let here rip......but dont miss a shift...it might cost ya all those pretty pennies you put into your sports car....

Also, this IS a LS1 forum, wat if i wen to a turbo neon forum, wat kind of respect will i get there? hmhhahahahahaha!!!!
Here's what I dont understand about this whole thread.....

I was not the one who started this thread, nor was I the one who spouted out mis-information about how wear or how strong the motor is in the SRT-4. I responded to someone who did and now you're trying to tell me that I am in the wrong.

And please do not talk down to me like Im some punk kid who has no idea what I'm doing with my car. You dont think I know about rod to stroke ratio, the strengh of blocks, rods, cranks, suspension setups, fwd versus rwd etc etc??? Give me a break. You have no idea who I am or what I do or what I know.... so do me a favor and keep it to yourself.

In the end I know my motor could blow tomorrow but guess what, it hasnt. This might blow your mind too but what if I told you I already have one waiting to go in?

You on the other hand even advertise in your signature that you have blown yours! kettle.... meet pot!

Have fun, I'll go back to lurking this forum and let all the idiots form their own biased opinions.

Last edited by 04BlackSRT-4; 03-03-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:24 AM
8 Second Club

For $8000 more dollars then you spent you could have a potential 8 sec LS1.. Look at my car.. $35k total including the trailer, cage, car, etc... Just gotta invest right. Car runs good wish there were Neons around here that were as fast as yours. We smacked down Muddyjeep.com in my brothers C5, cam only when he was going 118mph.

Its just a person opinion.. He picked to make a Neon fast, others pick LS1s, others pick Mustangs, some pick Honda's.. Everyone has fun.. Don't hate on him because he choose to make something different fast.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Chop-Foo Director

This one has run it's course.