TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dateline/ street racing video

Notice how all of them are " tuners "

http://nikita.arheim.no/Dateline_Street_Racing.wmv
Old 03-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Ginger Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm....theres alot of stuff that is right in that...but the thing that i see most often in these reports is that it is not 100% factual, that they throw in opinions rather than facts. and they try and make it seem like its a fantasy on these reports.

my next gripe is, they throw that same reporter in all of the pro-left wing stuff every show.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

woo hoo 300-400 h.p.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

I just love how they pick the biggest moron they can find and interview him. LOOK AT ME!!! IM HARCORESTREETRACER!!! I LIVE WITH MOMMY!!!

Goddamned Ricers. I hate to say it, but I agree mostly, Get off the ******* freeways during RUSHHOUR, go find a track or atleast an abandonded road. Darwinism will take its toll I guess.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

I swear that Greg guy was on MTV's "I'm a streetracer" bullshit and he is standing behind Vin Diesel on that fast and the furous movie after the green car loses its floorboard in the race. That guy must be a "true" hollywood street racer to be seen in so many shows.
I wonder if the cops will be looking for that orange car now that its been highlighted on dateline?
300hp for $2000-3000. That's mad tight!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the real problem is that these idiots are so shallow and self-centered that they don't realize that they are not just endangering themselves, they endanger everyone around them. I guess if they go off and kill themselves then OH WELL. But if they kill someone’s family, which is probably what would happen, then that is another story. For that idiot's mother to act like it is no big deal, she is as big a piece of **** as him.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:16 AM
12 Second Club

Man, ricers are so ignorant. I would never try any of the **** I do in traffic ever. The only person I ever put in danger is myself, and I don't really even do that I usually just find an open, empty road to do my street racing, or maybe a quick 0-60 stop light race.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Launching!

WHAT THE **** WAS THAT??!!!!! That entire story makes me so pissed off. Lets see, how bout you try and make your link between street racing and video games more obvious dumb ***. Oh and, "he'll die doing what he loves." No mom you stupid bitch, he'll kill somebody else. You're 27 years old and you live at home racing your honda.........let me guess, still single? Why hasn't natural selection cuaght up to this guy yet?
Old 03-18-2005, 02:18 AM
TECH Resident

when they show an actual track, i'm pretty sure there's an fbody on the left....and you can double your horse power for 2k? sign me up!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dude lets get sideways. apparently he's the one who should get shot, kicked, punched for doin and supportin street video games. what a bunch of ignorant ricers, wtf kind of racing is that? those kids have been playin too many video games at mommy's house. if one of them came that close to hittin my car i would chase him down and beat his ***.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

I gotta get sideways, beeYOTCH!!!

I think all that hi-speed stuff on crowded highways is assenine... But 2 or three capable drivers in capable cars on empty highways is OK in my book.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

cannonballing != street racing

When is someone worth a **** going to be interviewed and not someone who portrays a completely inaccurate account of what racing is.

Racing through traffic = retarded

Racing on an empty highway at 3am in a straight line = ok by me
Old 03-18-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Need my sideways fix, cause ya know I'm a gangtsa.....

Well, my thoughts are this. It's going to happen, it's allways happened, it's just more popular now that it's the "hip" thing to do. Company's see this segment of the market growing 17%/year and you know they're going to throw cash at it with things like the NOPI event, Fast and Furious, etc etc. That's just corporate exploit fanning the flames. (Love how MTV tells the kids whats cool these days). Anyhow, when I was a young kid into street racing, we were into Sleepers, and hi-po grocery getters that went under the radar. Racing was done at 2AM on abandoned roads and sometimes with police supervision. (They knew we'd do it, so they at least wanted to supervise to make sure no one was drinking and racing or could call in an ambulance when there was a wreck). Times are different now. The Fast and Furious crowd is slow as hell so they don't want the embaresment of "taking it tothe track". You can run any piece of crap like a mad man in traffic, so they try and look the part and act the part.

Show me a guy with a 9 second street car, and I'll show you someone that races at the track instead of the street. Show me a guy with Sticker and Wing job blowing 15 sec Quarter miles out of his fart can exhaust and I'll show you someone wid mad drifting skilz yo!

Thanks for the link.

-Adam
Old 03-18-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

The problem is that these kids wont go to a real track because eveyone there is gona rag on them for their car being soooo slow That is what happens out here in Mass. Also they are stupid how they go about racing. Look at Parish's vid's and most of the other videos of cars/trucks on this site. They are racing in a area that is not a high traffic area. There is a time and a place for eveything. And on teh highway at rush hour is not the time or the place for street racing.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a kid pull that crap 3 days ago on the way home from work when I was in the Stealth TT. I was stopped at a light with a nice clear streach of road and saw the ricer in my mirror still coming full speed because the light just changed. I had to get on it good to keep my truck lid behind me and decided to let the tubos spool up. I run it up to about 80mph and the ricer was way behind and loosing ground fast. I thought I gave him a good run and that would be the last of it. After I slowed back down I caught up to traffic and what do I see in my mirror? thats right Mr ricer! He came up close on my *** and changed lanes to the right and flew up on the traffice and then switch lanes as fast as the little car could. I thought he was going to loose it! Then he kept cutting through traffice. Later up the road I guess he slowed down because I didn't follow and what did I see. A full car of 16-17 year olds with 3 girls in the back all jumping around with no set belts. This made me feel sick and I wish I never ran them on the clearing.
I guess the new generation is taking things a little to far and I am glad they dont have 500hp f-bods or vettes because they wouldn't make it the first day out on the road.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

that "street racing is not a crime" sticker is gay.... and a 16 year old in a c5 vette? mommas boy?
Old 03-18-2005, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

I like how they had all the gay ricer vids in the daytime during rush hour doin the ricer weave....just goes to show how idiotic ricers are, my suggestion....kill em all, if they're gunna street race and take the risk (especially in rush hour like it looked like) they should die without hurting anyone hopefully....
Old 03-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Launching!

"canyon racing" is so old, started out in japan, and what sprouted into the drifting scene now. ...idiot
Old 03-18-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by anthonycds
"canyon racing" is so old, started out in japan, and what sprouted into the drifting scene now. ...idiot
Don't knock him man, I heard his next big idea is sectioning off a strip of Hwy about a Qtr mile long and doing head to head races. Only he want's to show the tech of the import scene so he's going to have a "laser" that tracks who wins at the end of the race. Cool stuff, this guy is a genius!
Old 03-18-2005, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Well, it IS dateline too so they are trying to portray everything with a serious spin. But still... RICERS SHOULD BE SHOT! Does common sense exist anymore?!

Streetrace, do it somewhere else, dont endanger my family. If you wanna watch that, go for it, get hit by some rich kiddie who cant handle his car. Just do it somewhere "safe". Or better yet, GOTO THE ******* TRACK.