Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Integra walks cammed ls1

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redline2k
But the cobra doesn't have to put a new motor in every other week.
neither do hondas.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

man.. you guys up to 4 pages now??
Old 04-12-2005, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAm
neither do hondas.
I was going to race one of the cft cars in orange city (I don't recall if it was the civic or the integra), but it broke at the track the night before. You have to agree a honda motor making 400+ hp is closer to the ragged edge than an ls1.

I love the quick response.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redline2k
I was going to race one of the cft cars in orange city (I don't recall if it was the civic or the integra), but it broke at the track the night before. You have to agree a honda motor making 400+ hp is closer to the ragged edge than an ls1.

I love the quick response.

I cant agree, 400hp is nothing on a built honda. if you are talking about a stock bottom end then sure, I wont argue there. regardless, nobody sees 400hp on a constant basis, most 400+hp honda guys run low boost on the street making about 280-300whp which is equivallent to a z06 as far as acceleration. the 400,500 and 600hp is most times during a race and beleive me, they only need it for a few seconds to pull most of whatever they encounter. U might understand this very soon, go race the cft civic then post the vid here.. although I cant see how you expect to handle either tge gsr or civic, your car only runs mid 11's with nitorus based of your sig
Old 04-12-2005, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
Geeeeeze... what a bunch of whiney babies in here... WHAAAAAA!!!! you guys sound like the "ricers" do. Well if I had a turbo i would walk a honda. Well if I spent a ton of money mine would kill that. My God. The car is fast so what?!

As for the comments about spending a ton of money on them to go fast. I already replied on the first page. I have 2 buddies that run consistant 12s with JUNKYARD turbos!!!! Home made setups with home edit PCM or the other had a Greddy E-manage. They have oh i dunno... $6000 TOTAL including their cars!!!

What is everyones problem? Does it get your panties in a bunch when you see a 4-clyinder that is "fast"??? Get over it. Even if the LS1 backed off(which it did), yes I see where that would upset some because he said "LS1 what?" But a slightly modded SRT4 will stick with a Ls1 no doubt. PLenty of SRTs that are faster than stock Ls1s. The RSX had 5lbs of boost. Of course it will be a quick car! I'd say easily touching the 13s.

Oh and the other that say.. oh yeah... run from a dig. Well when I didnt have a Ls1 I always drooled over the LS1s top end power.

Some people just are on here to be domestic idiots. Be a car enthusiast for cryin out loud. Enjoy the sport/hobby and be happy for other quick cars. Everyone calls people ricers b/c they make excuses... just go back and read this thread. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Very well said. I can't believe how big of babies some of us can be. So the Camaro lost, it's not the first time and definetly won't be the last. A buddy of mine has an SR20DET in an 89 240sx. My mods are in my sig. The cost of his car $1400+ the motor & tranny $1400= $2800. My car with mods =$25K. Guess who is faster (without my nitrous)... Yes it sucks that it happens that way but it does. Obviously some of us can admit it and others just make excuses.

Threads like this make baby Jesus cry.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by formula87350

Very well said. I can't believe how big of babies some of us can be. So the Camaro lost, it's not the first time and definetly won't be the last. A buddy of mine has an SR20DET in an 89 240sx. My mods are in my sig. The cost of his car $1400+ the motor & tranny $1400= $2800. My car with mods =$25K. Guess who is faster (without my nitrous)... Yes it sucks that it happens that way but it does. Obviously some of us can admit it and others just make excuses.
Threads like this make baby Jesus cry.

very true its the very reason why this thread has gone so many pages...
Old 04-12-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00Z28 Camaro
Ok ok ok ok ok ok . How About this

" Lets not forget Pearl Harbor " period ended.

Anyone care to venture who the winner of this thread's Darwin award is?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Teching In

this probly isnt worth the effort of saying and by no means do i think i should delegate what is right and what is wrong. But i am honestly dissapointed in this thread, its quick to call bs on the internet, as it is done in many many threads on just about every forum out there, but its next to pointless. I dont like integras personally, but thats just my opinion, if someone else does, then good for them. Especially if they manage to afford to make it fast. And there is no disputing, that was a fast damned teg. Who cares if one person makes a video, seemingly (at least) beats an ls1 and then says 'ls what?' What difference does it make? Again, just like everyone, i strongly dislike rice and most imports, but if every import driver created a 4 page thread when we said they drove a pos honda or the slew of other cute ricer nicknames we had, the internet would explode. I love my ls1 and i respect everyone who has the time and money to put into creating a car that they like. And who cares how much money they spent on their car....obviously if they spent the money, they can afford to and probably dont care if you spent less or not. Finally...just let this one go cuz what point is proven by putting down other ppl's work? I say, good for him if he likes his car, i dont like his, so it doesnt really hurt my feelings if he doesnt like mine.

-David
Old 04-12-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
ls what my ***, let me drop that much god damned money in the camaro and we will see what happens. dont get me wrong ive got respect for any fast car, but the cockiness is what gets me. so how much money did u drop into ur car to make it that fast. not sure how much it was, but i bet it would be a nice down payment on a house...
Completely ******* ricer comment...

That acura is bad ***, run what you brung and hope you brung enough... end of story.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

I give props to the guy having a fast built integra. I however believe that the big problem is that there is no one right answer. Okay so the ls1 was beat, thats cool, the car he raced was a clean well built integra. It is possible to build a fast lil' import with less than 10k including car price, however this integra is not one of those. Those quick running cheap imports while fast usually look like trash. It is sort of unfair to compare these cheaper builds to something that is in the same ballpark of a built nice import. The motor may be built but add a body kit with paint and the styling norms in and out equivilant to a nice ls1 or vette and in the end you have cleanly built performance cars that rumble loud enough to shake the bumbers off of minivans and cars that perform similarly but fart

I am curious though as to how much went into that integra incl purchase price. BTW for the econo tuners, ever heard of lt1's, ls1's still carry a bit higher value but strong v8's can be had for little money these days. sorry if I'm a little biased.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2kpewterws6
this probly isnt worth the effort of saying and by no means do i think i should delegate what is right and what is wrong. But i am honestly dissapointed in this thread, its quick to call bs on the internet, as it is done in many many threads on just about every forum out there, but its next to pointless. I dont like integras personally, but thats just my opinion, if someone else does, then good for them. Especially if they manage to afford to make it fast. And there is no disputing, that was a fast damned teg. Who cares if one person makes a video, seemingly (at least) beats an ls1 and then says 'ls what?' What difference does it make? Again, just like everyone, i strongly dislike rice and most imports, but if every import driver created a 4 page thread when we said they drove a pos honda or the slew of other cute ricer nicknames we had, the internet would explode. I love my ls1 and i respect everyone who has the time and money to put into creating a car that they like. And who cares how much money they spent on their car....obviously if they spent the money, they can afford to and probably dont care if you spent less or not. Finally...just let this one go cuz what point is proven by putting down other ppl's work? I say, good for him if he likes his car, i dont like his, so it doesnt really hurt my feelings if he doesnt like mine.

-David
Well said.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2kpewterws6
this probly isnt worth the effort of saying and by no means do i think i should delegate what is right and what is wrong. But i am honestly dissapointed in this thread, its quick to call bs on the internet, as it is done in many many threads on just about every forum out there, but its next to pointless. ...

-David
'Nuff said.. lets go on with our lives.

Too much and not enough
Old 04-12-2005, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onyx_rock

I saw it right away. The camaro backed off immediately once he saw the car ahead of him
I'm not sold on the video kill 100% either. The Teg seems pretty sick, but something just wasn't right about that run. Any specs on the LS-"What?"

You don't know the circumtances unless you were there. Therefore, no official comment from this dude...
Old 04-12-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnws6
Basically, and it sounds like one of these.

import guy says domestic sounds like

moral of the story? a fast car is still a fast car..
That's because they were all huffing nitrous while you were taking this "POLL".

Houston is ******* polluted with hondas equipped with obnoxious fartcans, always going WOT.

They will never sound good.

When ricers say that V-8's sound like "trucks" they are just venting.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slammed-am
That's because they were all huffing nitrous while you were taking this "POLL".

Houston is ******* polluted with hondas equipped with obnoxious fartcans, always going WOT.

They will never sound good.

When ricers say that V-8's sound like "trucks" they are just venting.

U must have been huffing nitrous yourself before u posted for u to tell me your opinion is fact and someone elses is not valid.

if you dont think a honda sounds good, its your opinion

if a honda guy thinks your car sounds like its falling apart at idle its his opinion

and if you or anyone thinks that "sounding good" or "looking good" is something that can be proven then rehab is in you future. no matter how much bad you think the sound of a Honda is, that doesnt mean it does. its Just your opinion the complete opposite of a fact.. U can argure personal preference till your're blue in the face, they are still not facts.

what was my point?.. oh yeah, a fast car is STILL a fast car...

Last edited by TransAm; 04-13-2005 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:52 AM
12 Second Club

everyone seems to be giving lil props to the lil 4
Old 04-13-2005, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

I just think it's a bit sad if you have to put 10,000 in an engine boost the hell out of it and use 110 race gas to beat some guy that got bored one weekend and decided to mildly mod his LS1 for what would you guys say? a little over a grand?

I'm not sure of the pricing my self since i have a gay *** v-6. So he went up against a car that was heavier with almost the same amount of HP on purpose and thinks he's the ****?

And last time i checked, "40ish" didn't have horrible wind noise like that in the car.
Looked more to me like 50 - 60 mph rolls, and we all know from supra videos that turbo cars aren't very easy to catch when they're all spooled up...

Show me some standing start videos and i'll be impressed. Oh and did anyone else notice the Camaro had to switch lanes since ugh...there was a car in his lane? if i noticed that i was already a bit behind i'm not going to try to catch up and risk rear-ending someone to do it...

If you're going to race and swing your weiner around like you're car is a mechanical god then race right and clean.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

You can't gripe about how the races were started. That's what racing on the street gets you. Put them on the strip and see what happens. Timeslips don't lie. Other than that...the integra kicked all their asses. Very cool car.

The only thing I didn't like about the video was the music. Very annoying.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
Anyone care to venture who the winner of this thread's Darwin award is?
not
Old 04-13-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
I just think it's a bit sad if you have to put 10,000 in an engine boost the hell out of it and use 110 race gas to beat some guy that got bored one weekend and decided to mildly mod his LS1 for what would you guys say? a little over a grand?

I'm not sure of the pricing my self since i have a gay *** v-6. So he went up against a car that was heavier with almost the same amount of HP on purpose and thinks he's the ****?

And last time i checked, "40ish" didn't have horrible wind noise like that in the car.
Why do people keep saying this?

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
As for the comments about spending a ton of money on them to go fast. I already replied on the first page. I have 2 buddies that run consistant 12s with JUNKYARD turbos!!!! Home made setups with home edit PCM or the other had a Greddy E-manage. They have oh i dunno... $6000 TOTAL including their cars!!!
And as for 40 wind noise... you have never taped with any digital camcoders have you? 20mph will give you hell on a hand held store bought camera w/o additional equipment.

Wish I was a moderator.. I'd lock this pissing, bitching, and whining contest.