Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

WS6 vs civic from a dig

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by maximumrebel1
A turbo LS1 may be an 11 second car but that civic in THAT RACE WHICH I WAS TALKING ABOUT is not. If he barely beats a nearly stock LS1 NO WAY IN HELL he can beat a turbo LS1 get your head out your ***. Listen dude a stock LS1 is low 13 second car. A stock civic hatch is 16's. So mod for mod you figure it out.
the slowest turbo car on the fastest FI LS1 in 04 is number 10: Wicked_1. he ran 10.54@129 mph. if you think for even a minute he will have anything resembling traction on the street in the first 2 gears ATLEAST then you are dilusional. the ls1 in this video dead hooked (you dont even hear tires screaching in first gear) and chirped the 1-2 shift. if he had spun the car lengths would have been numerous between the civic and him.

but of course this isnt even touching the fact that we dont know what either car ran, dont know what the hp rating of either car is or how much boost the civic was making. but automatically this car was a threat to your ego (you wouldnt make this big a deal out of it, if it wasnt) and start in with dumbass ricer excuses. keep goin buddy, cuz im not the only you are entertaining with your pithy comebacks.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

******* trolls need to get their info straight!! lets say that both a turbo ls1 and turbo civic are putting out the same power or close. if the turbo ls1 isnt getting traction with rwd then how in the hell is a fwd going to get traction from a dig? answer that question and then well talk. and btw all the ls1 has to do is get a set of et streets and he wont have to worry that much about traction where as the pos fwd still will.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

all these ****** ricers need to go to their own forum and worship their fwd 4 bangers, cuz we dont like em nor do we wanna hear about all their bs with the "what if this and that" go eat a dick, have a nice day AND GET THE **** OUTTA HERE! THIS IS A LS1/6/2 FORUM NOT A GAY HONDUH! FORUM
Old 04-15-2005, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

as i said earlier, cam for cam, engine for engine, turbo for turbo, if you're gunna swap a new engine(say b20) into a civic or whatever, and turbo that, then I get my 408 iron block turbo'd too, then we'll see what the power difference is, also tires are an EASY solution for a ls1, MT ET streets would OWN that civic, he woulda grabbed in 2nd gear like no other and raped his ***, while the civic, he cant get great gripping tires without worrying about "torque steer" what a joke...

Edit: I just timed that, 17 seconds until that civic passes him..... that ls1's goin pretty fast by then so it took that long for him to build up the potential to pass him....
Old 04-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MachoCamacho
as i said earlier, cam for cam, engine for engine, turbo for turbo, if you're gunna swap a new engine(say b20) into a civic or whatever, and turbo that, then I get my 408 iron block turbo'd too, then we'll see what the power difference is, also tires are an EASY solution for a ls1, MT ET streets would OWN that civic, he woulda grabbed in 2nd gear like no other and raped his ***, while the civic, he cant get great gripping tires without worrying about "torque steer" what a joke...

Edit: I just timed that, 17 seconds until that civic passes him..... that ls1's goin pretty fast by then so it took that long for him to build up the potential to pass him....

cam for a cam, but.. the honda has..two.. explain to me how you can do mod for mod when both motors are diffeernt?

then tell me if you only race people who has the same mods as you do? and why would you need a 408? isnt 346cid enough to take on a 102cid motor? why does does a 346 cid v8 need not only more cubes but also a power adder just to hold of a little 1.8 with just a turbo?

I like how people with 13 second fbodys are the only people who say "IF xxx mods were done" when apparently your're the same people who obviously cant afford to do it..
Old 04-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by soon to be c5
and btw all the ls1 has to do is get a set of et streets and he wont have to worry that much about traction where as the pos fwd still will.

there is a video of a camaro on slicks and a honda on et streets just a few threads down and the civic beat it, so there goes your theory. and if a fwd car is a pos then what is an fbody that loses to one?
Old 04-15-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAm

I like how people with 13 second fbodys are the only people who say "IF xxx mods were done" when apparently your're the same people who obviously cant afford to do it..
I drive a mid 12 second f-body with exhaust and lid only and i trap 111-112
again thats longtubes, true duals and a lid AND IN ARIZONA, HEAT TRAP

take ur troll *** somewhere else, because no civic,accord,integra or whatever is gonna run those times or trap that high with minimal mods like i have. There's so many more f-bodies like mine with minimal mods running better or the same, so eat a dick and have a nice day troll
Old 04-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TransAm
there is a video of a camaro on slicks and a honda on et streets just a few threads down and the civic beat it, so there goes your theory. and if a fwd car is a pos then what is an fbody that loses to one?

hey dumbass, i said putting down the same amount of power!!! of course the higher HP is going to win.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by soon to be c5
hey dumbass, i said putting down the same amount of power!!! of course the higher HP is going to win.

so your telling me an fbody with 700hp (average weight of 3850 with driver) is going to beat a civic with 500hp? (Average weights 2300 lbs with driver) and you call me a dumbass? . once again, there are more 9 and 10 second turbo hondas than 9 and 10 second turbo fbodys.. I wonder why?
Old 04-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
I drive a mid 12 second f-body with exhaust and lid only and i trap 111-112
again thats longtubes, true duals and a lid AND IN ARIZONA, HEAT TRAP

take ur troll *** somewhere else, because no civic,accord,integra or whatever is gonna run those times or trap that high with minimal mods like i have. There's so many more f-bodies like mine with minimal mods running better or the same, so eat a dick and have a nice day troll

Vipers with minimal mods run deep 11's and trap over 126mph. porsches run deep 11's @over 128 with minimal mods no fbody will ever do that with minimal mods, so according to your logic fbodys suck right?

and did you say troll? I been here longer than you.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, 1bdbrd is a idiot. He also ignores the fact that there was many more Civics then F-bodys, and that there are many more cars nearly as fast as Harlan on this board. He likes to talk about Honda's on a F-body forum and call others idiots?

Look for praise on a Honda forum. I don't need a turbo to destroy a turbo on a Civic, they are slow. Of course they are, they aren't race cars. The world doesn't have enough Camera's to catch on tape every time a Civic loses. I give respect to the fast Honda's because they deserve it, but saying that they are faster then turbos on F-bodys is just about the lamest thing I have heard.

I had to reply when I read over this thread, ignorance is amazing.

EDIT: One more thing, a Fbody doesn't weigh 3,800. Thats a convertible with a average weight driver, mine stock weighs 3515 with me driving. Sorry to lash out at you, but some of this is pathetic.

Last edited by DanSSull; 04-15-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

You guys kill me. Just stop it. I would understand if it were your car in the video, but it isn't. Did your mom stop breast feeding you to soon? Do you need attention that badly? What did you honestly think people on this forum would say about a fast Honda? Anything can be made to go fast if you have the money. So you like Hondas and Turbos that is great. Now, go post your videos somewhere people will enjoy them and stop being a troll over here.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Every ****** thread this guy starts end up in a 20 page novel. God dammit, if you're such a rice lover then why you bring your *** in a LS1tech forum to start ****. Its people like you get threads locked up all the time. O ya and for your information, i think modded civics should be incinerated and melted into bathroom urinals for me to **** in and spit.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

this is so gay, but here it goes, what I mean by cam for cam is if they are going to put cam(s) in their car then we should be able to put a cam in our car, they think they're the almight as soon as they beat a NA ls1 with bolt ons, cause they never see a turbo'd ls1 or whatever, but if you take a 4 banger fwd car, and a ls1 with similar mods(such as cam for cams, turbo for turbo, and engine for engine), the ls1 will always win.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is LS1Tech.com.... sooooo explain to us again why we come on here to see Hondas and other imports? Oh, that's right: we don't.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DanSSull
I don't need a turbo to destroy a turbo on a Civic, they are slow. Of course they are, they aren't race cars. The world doesn't have enough Camera's to catch on tape every time a Civic loses. I give respect to the fast Honda's because they deserve it, but saying that they are faster then turbos on F-bodys is just about the lamest thing I have heard.

I had to reply when I read over this thread, ignorance is amazing.

EDIT: One more thing, a Fbody doesn't weigh 3,800. Thats a convertible with a average weight driver, mine stock weighs 3515 with me driving. Sorry to lash out at you, but some of this is pathetic.

do You always contradict yourself?
Old 04-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redline2k
You guys kill me. Just stop it. I would understand if it were your car in the video, but it isn't. Did your mom stop breast feeding you to soon? Do you need attention that badly? What did you honestly think people on this forum would say about a fast Honda? Anything can be made to go fast if you have the money. So you like Hondas and Turbos that is great. Now, go post your videos somewhere people will enjoy them and stop being a troll over here.

So then whats so special about an fbody?
Old 04-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Um, no I said I give respect to fast Honda's, a turbo though on a Honda does not make it fast.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MachoCamacho
this is so gay, but here it goes, what I mean by cam for cam is if they are going to put cam(s) in their car then we should be able to put a cam in our car, they think they're the almight as soon as they beat a NA ls1 with bolt ons, cause they never see a turbo'd ls1 or whatever, but if you take a 4 banger fwd car, and a ls1 with similar mods(such as cam for cams, turbo for turbo, and engine for engine), the ls1 will always win.
I need to ask you this..Would I be speculating if I said, mod for mod, a viper would annhilate any fbody out there, turbo for turbo, cam for cam? and also, does that make an fbody a pos?
Old 04-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DanSSull
Um, no I said I give respect to fast Honda's, a turbo though on a Honda does not make it fast.

huh? so then what makes it fast? cai and exhaust? wtf?