Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

My Latest Chop

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Latest Chop

Photochop that is. I'm slowly getting better. I put wheels on, lowered it, and did the hood. The hood is a little shakey since I did it free-handed. What do you guys think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Matt4WS6/111.jpg
Old 07-06-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the wheels dont look like they belong in the pic and the windshield needs to be either see through or blacked out. for being free hand the hood looks pretty good. definently alot better than i could do myself.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mattism78
Photochop that is. I'm slowly getting better. I put wheels on, lowered it, and did the hood. The hood is a little shakey since I did it free-handed. What do you guys think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Matt4WS6/111.jpg

The front fender needs to be smoothen out. I'd zoom in on the fender an hood and re-clone out those sharp edges. Or just erase that hood and redraw it with the pen tool and make a path and fill it. The only complain I have with photoshop is the jagged edges when you zoom in, opposed to Illustrator it has smooth edges no matter how much you zoom in.

Nonetheless keep up the good work...I've messed around and sometimes it just doesn't look as good. As you can see below...
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Chop-ss.jpg   My Latest Chop-ss.2.jpg  

Last edited by FungusMungus05; 07-06-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KCamaro
the wheels dont look like they belong in the pic and the windshield needs to be either see through or blacked out. for being free hand the hood looks pretty good. definently alot better than i could do myself.
I didn't do anything to the windows. That's how dark my tint is.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Not too bad! Like was said before, clean up around the fender some. On the wheels, you need to mess around with the brightness/contrast some, to make it fit the scene. Look at the old wheels as well to see where the shadow/light spots are, then use the burn/dodge tool to do that to the new wheels. When doing the hood, don't "paint" it on, but rather highlight the area you want modified, then start messing around with the huge/darkness/contrast and such to get what you're looking for. If you paint something on, it loses the real look (reflections and details).

How long have you been working with photoshop? Not bad!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll mess with it some more tonight if I get a chance.

I've been tinkering with photoshop for a while. I just teach myself. So I don't really know about the burn tools, and whatnot.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Your on the right track bud...keep working on it and you'll be doing some sweet chops

If you want a place that has lots of practice for you...go up to the photoshop request thread. Start pumping out those and they will really help your skills. Thats how I started out.