Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Home theater Help..........?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Home theater Help..........?

Mabie I can post this here..... I figure it's multimedia...

I bough a new reciever. I hooked everything up and now my bass box and my speakers are buzzing. The level for the bass is 0.. Not up or down.. It's a powered sub. It also has an amp in the rciever for the bass.

Now.... Why the heck are my speakers buzzing?? I only have it wired up into 5.1 Dolby Digital II... Settings in the Reciever are for the 5.1 surround. Two rear surround SPK's and two fronts, then a center channel w/ a bass box. There are no wires that would interfere w/ the signal for the speakers..

I will be getting the Bose Accustimas 6.1 speaker set soon...

Is it my speakers not matching the impedance form the reciever?? I'm lost on this one.. BTW... Reciever is a SONY STR-DE897 7.1 Surround Capable... Digital EVERYTHING..
Old 07-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Launching!

I am assuming you are using a RCA type connection to your powered sub make sure it is seated properly, as in pushed in all the way. If the rca connectors have screw on covers you might want to unscrew them and check the solder joints to make sure you don't have a broken joint or something.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:55 AM
TECH Veteran

I'mm going to take it apart today and look at it. I am using and RCA connection. It never did it when it was using a wire type connection..
Old 07-24-2005, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Probably a ground loop. If you have your sub plugged in to a circuit different that what your reciever is plugged in to then this could occur.

Could also be AC hum. If the analog audio (non-shieilded) wires are running close to a TV or other AC source, this could occur.

Is it all speakers or just some?

Test all your cables. A bad ground on one of your cables could also cause this.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

I does it on all the speakers. None odf them are near any interfering sources. I scrapped the speakers off the old SS setup I had. They're older Panasonic. About a 3.5" speaker....

They never did this w/ the old set up.. I'm looking into the Bose Accustimas speakers. Mabie that will help... I'm getting a New camera before I get the Bose..