Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

My Dream Garage

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well its been another two months and still nothing getting some stuff straightend out but were just not home enough. hopefully we will be done by christmas since that was the goal for last christmas. we shall see no new pictures cause nothing has changed really.

Last edited by SSJIMMY; 10-01-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks really nice! Seems you've worked hard for it, reaping the benefits will be worth it!!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man it takes forever to finish a project when you work full time and have familes and other things popping up. well 4 months later and my dad and I are still at the same point on the building its packed full of our junk but not finished. we did get done with the garage at the house just have to put the carpet in and finish the last three ceiling tiles.

here is the pics of the garage at the house ill get some pics of the packed full shop this weekend.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

That garage is nice, but holy **** those taillights are hideous.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the tail lights are a unique part of my car which i like just like your hood. I think that hood is hideous but thats what you liked so thats fine. there is another thread of mine that talks about my tail lights and where they have come from. I painted the lights to match the car and ended up liking it and thats why i have not gone back to stock lights yet. thanks for the compliment on the garages though my dad and i have put alot of work into them.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

It's a nice shop but I'm a little confused. You have a grarage for your ss at your parents house?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Veteran

that's what i need to build
Old 02-14-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I still live at my parents even though im moving out the end of the year the SS will probably stay cause my girlfriend doesnt thing we will have room for me to have two cars there. so its staying at my parents. there is a two car garage at teh house which will hold my moms honda and the work out stuff. then the big building will hold the SS, my dads truck and be my dads carpentry shop. we have not finished everything on the building yet though.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got some new pics today first few show ho the building looks inside still some stuff t omove around and get the exercise equipment out along with the Scaffolding. still gotta finish the ceiling too but here is the pics.

Behind the building is the mower and yard stuff and the compressor which will be enclosed some day.

This area will also be enclosed and store the SS and my Dads personal truck.

a few of the new white metal roof we put on the house a few weeks ago.

and lastly a shot of the backyard along with the site of the next building to go up where the comapny truck is at.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well some new things that we have completed is the shed on the back is done and the compressor is all hooked up and some organizing has been done still need to finish the ceiling and then put everything where it need to go then we can work on enclosing the area where the toys will be stored.

on a side note a friend and I changed my motor mounts i the shop a few weeks ago and its was so nice working on the car in the AC.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

for those wondering how much the building cost us. My dad said he has about 7k in the structures just the slabs, frame, sheets, and AC system. so if you add up the insulation, drywall, and electrical work your looking at about 10k We did all the work except the AC and electrical though. It still looks about the same hoping to finish up the interior this month now that we have the AC problem fixed and im done with school. My dad and I are huge Dallas Cowboys fans so my dad found the color codes for the team and were painting the interior the gray color and putting up a huge star on the back wall and a stripe around the room in the blue color.

Last edited by SSJIMMY; 12-08-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so about 5 years later were in Jan 2009 and the shop is almost complete finally. the interior just need the side ceiling panels put in and the walls painted and the floor is getting another coat. The exterior has been added on to with a yard shed on the back with the mower. were also in the process of closing in the back side which may store the camaro I have not decided If I want to leave the car at my parents yet. Then some trim pieces on the corners and some paint and she is done.

Now to the pictures

Old 01-17-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Today we finished sheeting and got some lights and electrical work done. We also cleaned up a bit Garage door should be going in when my parents get there income tax. Next weekend we should be moving everything out of the main building and into the side room to get ready for final paint and finsh ceiling tiles.

Pictures

Old 01-17-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Good stuff
Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This weekend we just cleaned and got organized mostly we built a shelf in the back to hold things and then started moving things out of the main shop into the addition. My dad is going to try and finish the ceiling during the week and then the scaffolding can finally come out. Next Saturday we are planning on painting the interior and then the week after hopefully another coat on the floor.

Updated pictures

Old 01-25-2009, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

lol wanna come to Tampa and build another one?

Great job
Old 02-01-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This weekend not much changed we planned to paint but with the cold weather and the superbowl we didnt get that done. we did completly finish the ceiling and are ready to paint next weekend maybe. Im going to the cars for cure show here in town so hopefully my dad and brother will get the painting started.

I did how ever get my wooden bike rack painted with herculiner came out pretty good also finished the paint on my SLP grille will wetsand and clear that next week.

pics

Old 02-08-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys

This weekend i was sick bad on saturday my dad did get the white paint on and today we painted the navy blue stripe and my dad will paint the lower half cowboys gray. were trying to figure out where to put a Dallas Cowboys star also i was thinking the doors although the back wall would be nice.

next week we hope to clean the floor and decide wether to prep it for another coat or leave it how it is.

Also finshed the herculiner on my bike rack for the truck came out pretty good. I also cleared my new SLP SS Grill planning on wetsanding it next weekend and then putting it on the SS.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Nice as hell man wish i had one!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

interior is almost done walls painted and the floor has been cleaned hopefully another coat on the floors in the next week and then the move in begins.

Quick Reply: My Dream Garage